Thursday, November 20, 2014

Annie Sloan Inspiration !

Good Morning everyone !!!

A long time ago - before any of you knew me lol - I came across this dresser


I was very very new to Annie Sloan Chalk Paints at the time and so I bought one of her books to " teach "
myself how to use her paints and after seeing this dresser she had painted


I decided to give it a " go "

Those flowers are created by ripping a piece of cardboard down the middle and drawing painted lines against the rough edge - so easy and such a lovely look that I had to try it myself.


I came across this post last night and decided to repost it ( this was long before anyone had ever visited my blog - back when I had only one follower - myself ! ) so my photos are even crappier than they are today LOL



It never sold and I eventually changed it but this was probably the dresser that started my love of chalk paint


I was thinking last night about how much she revolutionalized painting furniture.....................
How one woman and her love of creating almost started a " movement "

Of course there were always people that painted furniture - but she made it so much easier - and quicker -

Today there are all kinds of paints on the market - tons of them actually - that do the same thing - but really it all started with one lady.

So I thought I'd take a moment to give credit where credit is due
Thanks Annie - for sharing yourself with the world - your dream became the dream of many (of which I am one of )
Thank you very very much

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Love,
Me


Looking for inspiration?
Join me at these fabulous parties !

French Country Cottage                      Too Much Time on my Hands                     
Glitter Glue & Paint                     My Turn for Us
My Romantic Home                            Miss Mustard Seed
One More Time Events                       Life on Lakeshore Drive
I Should be Mopping the Floor           My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
A Stroll Thru Life                                Kathe with an E
Savvy Southern Style                          Beyond the Picket Fence
DIY by Design                                   Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson


18 comments:

  1. Wow. I love both of these dressers! What an inspiration Annie Sloan has been to you. Good for you to try this new 'thing' in painting and bring it so far along with the beautiful work you do. It really is an art to me. You are artistic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I absolutely love that piece Suzan. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a great job of that, I have always like that paint finish with the embellishment, I have a few things "pinned " like this, and I even painted an end table once with something on it, that might surprise you ha ha, its remarkable for sure the movement she started,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Annie both have been an inspiration to me!!! I have admired your creations, as you know!!! I think you are quite the artist!!! I love your first creation and it shows your talent!!! Now that I am home from the islands (sob), Jim had to drag me kicking and screaming onto the plane, I am going to attempt my own creations!!!! I have a couple of small items and I picked up a couple of Annie's paints and waxes and I did do a frame and I think I can do this!!! Wish me luck!!! Have a blessed day!!! XOXOXOXOX Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it politically correct if I say I like your dresser more? You can do amazing things thanks to her paint, but only because you are talented.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Your first creations was wonderful , I really like the chest painted with the flower stems ? or whatever you called them , It looked as good as Annies

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. Both dressers are gorgeous and who had thought , getting such a pretty floral design just by using cardboard. Both dressers are a work of art. Great job. Once you started painting there was no stopping you.
    You're just like the Energizer bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it fun to take a look back? I did that too this week. You were way smart to read a book about painting furniture. Knowledge and talent; now I know why your furniture is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She surely did start a movement.
    I notice that you primed the olden dresser you just finished. I thought that was the beauty of chalk paint...skipping the primer...and sanding...I've never used it so I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing.
    This is one of my favorites.
    Your work is beautiful.
    And I think you are sweet to let Annie know how much she inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favourite project that I've seen of yours! Love LOVE LOVE! (it's the dandylions)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The piece is gorgeous. Yep Anne lead the way with the paint movement. Have a great evening my friend and great week end ahead. Warm up on the way woooo hooo!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not sure if my comment published or not? Sorry if I am doubling up. Love the drawers, you did a fantastic job. Suzan. I am working on a table I want to stencil and my friend has just finished a cupboard with a Morrocan antique look, I posted it over at MMS FF where I spotted your drawers. It is amazing what chalk paint and a little artistic license can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whaaaat, no picture with you and Annie? I remember how you too got the pleasure of meeting her last year during her Canadian retailer tour. I love her story, her determination, and her down-to-earth personality.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderfull dressers, nice transformations,Greeting from Belgium

    http://louisette.eklablog.com/mes-autres-blogs-p842116

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzan, I love Annie Sloan's paints and I am impressed by the wonderful job you did as a novice ASCP person. Very nice, indeed. I saw your link at the Life on Lakeshore Drive's Bouquet of Talent Party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to give credit where it is due. I do love her paint! The dresser is very creative. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did an amazing on the dresser. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo