Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 69 - New York

I WANNA live there Wednesday 

WELCOME TO I WANNA LIVE THERE WEDNESDAY -
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SERIES ON REAL ESTATE FOR SALE - MOSTLY IN MY HOME TOWN OF MONTREAL - WITH LOTS OF VISITS HERE AND THERE TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE - SOMETIMES IN N.Y. OR NEW ORLEANS - OR PARIS - OR............ANYWHERE ACTUALLY!
I CONCENTRATE ( FOR THE MOST PART ) ON HERITAGE HOMES - HISTORICAL BUILDINGS WITH DETAILED ARCHITECTURE.
SINCE THIS IS A SERIES ON THE HOUSE ITSELF - AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE FURNISH THEM - KINDLY KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN LEAVING COMMENTS -I WOULD NOT WANT A HOME OWNER TO COME ACROSS THEIR HOME ON MY BLOG AND READ UNKIND THINGS ABOUT IT ( I WAS ONCE CONTACTED WITH THANKS FOR SHOWCASING SOMEONE'S HOME - SO IT'S POSSIBLE )  IF YOU'RE INTO HOMES WITH A HISTORY THIS IS A SERIES YOU JUST MAY ENJOY - THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THEM WITH ME
___________________________________________________________________________________

Good Wednesday Morning all !!!

Start spreading the news...........................we're headed to New York - ( the very heart of it )

This townhouse has since been sold - the original listing below was for December 2011 - but a girl ( or many many girls can dream, can't they? )

5,975,000
2 Units - 4 floors
3 beds
4.5 baths
3200 sq. feet
REALTORS
ROBBY BROWNE
CHRIS CANN
GREGORY SULLIVAN

LISTING SAYS:
Beautiful brownstone with elegant stoop divided into 2 duplexes located off Lexington Avenue. The upper duplex consists of a sunny living room with wood burning fireplace and sweeping staircase, powder room, dining room with a wood burning fireplace and a renovated kitchen with laundry. Upstairs are two bedroom suites each with its own renovated bath. The garden duplex apartment with a separate entrance has a living room with a woodburning fireplace, full bath, kitchen and glass enclosed solarium with backyard perfect for entertaining. The upper level includes a front library/office with wood burning fireplace and powder room and a rear large bedroom with wood burning fireplace and bath. Delivered vacant
_________________________________________________________________________

Not that many photos - but I don't know if my heart could have stood more than they show - 
This is simply gorgeous - 














This next photo leaves me with my mouth resting on the keyboard - seriously seriously in love with this room - the fireplace - the few pops of glamour - the windows - the trunk at the foot of the bed and the
white casual bedding - it's so magical in a very UNcontrived way, right?





And if the building looks just a tiny bit familiar - it's because it's where Miss Holly Golightly lived
This is the townhouse they used for the frontage in Breakfast at Tiffany's !

source
And now it's where I WANNA live too !!!

(I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps)

source
And I love happy endings almost as much as I love historical houses

source

Have a wonderful Wednesday everybody !!!

Partying Here !!!
Common Ground                                  The Charm of Home                      French Country Cottage
Chase the Star                                      My Turn for Us                            My Romantic Home
Finding Fabulous                                  Between Naps on the Porch            Coastal Charm
The Shabby Nest                                  Stone Gable                                  Not Just a Housewife
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia           Savvy Southern Style                    Adorned from Above
I heart nap time                                    Be different - Act normal

22 comments:

  1. You know this is the only way to live in NYC! Oh how I miss it! It has been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT house, Suzan! I sometimes miss the hustle and bustle of a city..except for the traffic-that drove me nuts. But it is fun to see that particular place and connect it to an icon like Audrey Hepburn. I loved that film. Have a great Wednesday- working from home here today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having that solarium attached to the back of my house would solve all my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it had me hooked at the outside of the house. What character and beauty. Love this one and I think if I lived in New York this is the way to do it. Beautiful.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a jaw dropper. The outside alone grabbed me and just sucked me right in like a vacuum, LOL. Breakfast at Tiffany is the only other thing I needed to hear, besides that gorgeous fireplace. When do we leave, for us it would take an hour without rush hour so we can meet you there and while we wait have a cocktail!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I began reading your post, I thought "even if the place is amazing, I wouldn't live in NYC"... And then, Holly's building? where she lived with Cat? And her amazing dresses/hats/shades? I SO WANNA LIVE THERE!!! Except I'll have Cats rather than Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magali!!!!

      Ok you can have the cats, but, can I have the amazing dresses/hats/shades?
      Please!!!!!!

      Pam
      xox

      Delete
    2. At least, we need to share, I'm not going to live without at least a few dresses and hats!

      Delete
  7. Hi Suzan!!!

    Hope you're doing well this Wednesday!!!!

    Okay.....Like....Well...YES!!!! I WANNA LIVE THERE TOO!!!!!

    It wouldn't even make you feel like you're in the city!!! How gorgeous!!!!

    You know who went with his profits from making movies and bought real estate in New York? Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter series!!!! He went and bought several places to invest in. Smart kid!!!!

    I wonder if I told him how cool he is, if he would buy me this place...When it came available again...Of course? LOL!!!!!

    Enjoy the rest of the week!!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love NYC. We haven't been for a few years, but it is always special.

    Where do you find all these incredible houses you share?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is fabulous Suzan!... and thank you so much for your visit this morning... always love hearing from you... and yes, early morning solitude is kind of like a little "secret"... I have been trying to find your post about it too?... xoxo Julie Marie PS LOVE your new profile pic, you are so pretty!... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreamy! I've always wanted to live in one of these beautiful brownstones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzan, I so want to live there, a life long dream.
    Would also love to live in your Montreal ....

    Thank you beautiful friend for taking the time to visit me.
    Love all you inspire, will see you soon. I hope your dream comes true in living in one of these dream homes.

    Xx
    Bisous

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great solarium and the high ceilings!! I would love to fly my remote helicopter around those wide open rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGeeeeeeee!!! Beautiful! Love the fireplace in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I haven't been into the city in awhile. Love New York!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I am just discovering this fun series! I DO want to live here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzan, hope that you are well. Beautiful brownstone, and the bedroom is really lovely.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow that is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo