Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I WANNA live there # 27

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one home that's for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Source


Wow - I haven't been showing things in my own Neighbourhood lately - seem to be really getting into the 
Global Market here lol
I thought it would be so nice to do a post on San Francisco - a place I've always wanted to visit and haven't yet - so here goes - we're off to California everyone!!!
Both listings are in Nob Hill - and are spectacular
( and except for the views they could actually be one of the Victorian homes in my Neighbourhood that
I usually post about !!! ) 

Remarkable and completely remodeled San Francisco home. 4Br and 3.5Ba on three levels of SF Urban at its best. A rare and spectacular property. Gourmet kitchen with Carera marble counters, top of the line Wolf and Subzero appliances. Formal dining room. Approx 137' Ft south facing lot.
2,995,000.00
Alain Pinel Realtors - if you're interested in buying this magnificent home 
All photo sources for this listing found Here


What a gorgeous entry table -








Not a color I would have ever thought of for a dining room - but WOW isn't it just gorgeous against all the crisp white?



those builts in are just gorgeous


and I'm in LOVE with this kitchen




A butler's pantry - positioned perfectly!!!






I want to be sitting our here with a glass of Chardonay



Pristine beauty -


suddenly I'm in love with Mauve - isn't this gorgeous?









and if for any reason you're not sold yet - ( and I'd find that hard to believe )
maybe the view could entice you?


And the next one is selling for  3,250,000.00
Rare offering of a classic San Francisco jewel. Designed in 1917 by renowned architect Willis Polk, this uniquely elegant home sits atop San Francisco's famed Nob Hill and across from the historic Mark Hopkins Hotel. Approx. 4,360sq ft of living space on four levels. The entry level is highlighted by a beautiful courtyard, guest suite w/ kitchenette, family room, powder room, laundry, and a bedroom/office. 2nd level features the main living area, elegant living room w/ fireplace, gracious FDR and sizeable eat in kitchen. Two en suite bedrooms on the 3rd level and a spacious west facing deck. 
All photo sources for this listing found Here

Yep, think I WANNA live there....................





The view has me groaning











Privacy Terrace - what a perfect place to do yoga ( I have never done yoga in my life - but if I lived in
San Francisco - I'd start yoga - and I'd do it here every morning )












And that my friends is how we're all supposed to live.......................
Keep buying those lottery tickets :)
Think I've left my heart in San Francisco - you?
( Oh and if you're going, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair )


Sharing with
No Minimalist Here                                        Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Shabby Creek Cottage                                   Rooted in Thyme
Common Ground                                           French Country Cottage
A Little Knick Knack                                     My Romantic Home
The Shabby Nest                                           I Heart Nap Time
Nifty Thrifty Things                                        Life on Lakeshore drive
Classy Clutter                                                I Should be mopping the floor
Under the Table and Dreaming                       My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
PJH Designs                                                  Kathe with an E
Clean and Scentsible                                      Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design                                              Adorned from Above
My Romantic Home                                      The Farmhouse Porch

35 comments:

  1. Love the second one. Too bad I just spent my last $3 million on shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely prefer the second one! And that could be our bedroom, well, except for the paint on the walls and the wood floor and the crown molding and the bay window... :-) I would change the tile on the bathroom, though. It seems kinda drab. But I suppose if the house were given to me I could put up with the bathroom tile. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first tour. Stunning, with an elegant but cozy appeal. I do plan to visit SF. Just love it!!
    Thank you for sharing this inspiration. Got to go back and view it all again.
    Happy Wednesday.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at your yoga comment. I'm going w/the second one as my fave for today...though the view in the first one is so nice I could live on the porch there and be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am in love with the first house. The art work in that house is fantastic...gorgeous sculptural art!!! I think I like the feel of it better than the second one. I am not feeling much in the second one other than the gorgeous entry! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I win the lottery I'm taking the second house-I'm in big
    LOVE with it. Being an aging hippie I'd feel right at home. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't make choose I love them both :) I would gladly sip chardonnay with you and if we didn't overdo it maybe I would attempt a little yoga too! Thanks for sharing such beautiful spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh please the first one and I'll have the mauve room gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe awe awe awesome.

    Please do not paint the room in which I will stay when I live at your house mauve. It is my own personal strong opinion, which was caused by my own 'overmauving' in the early 90's. I want to run around like Dikembe Mutumbo in that GEICO commercial, knocking paintbrushes with mauve paint out of unsuspecting homeowner's hands. Cuz it's all about me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow fabulous now i want to go to san fran lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's been such a great tour! great homes, great gardens, verandas... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want that master bedroom, and the chandelier and that kitchen. You get the idea I want it all. I will keep buying the tickets too and if I win 50 million i will definetly get you your dream house. what else are friends for. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always thought California was the one place I couldn't live in because I'm so afraid of earthquakes... But now that I've seen that second house, I'm wondering if they need French teacher in SF. Of course, a teacher salary might be a little short for that house. I'm going to have a talk with the cats tonight about moving...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh- Those houses!!!! Wow- I don't know which one I like best-there are things about both of them that I love! Maybe if we all pool our money we could co-own? I am fluffing my flowers to go to San Fran! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stairwell in the first home and the decor of the second but both are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous homes. I love the second one best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, what fun! I always enjoy a peak into other people's homes. I love the first home; however, I love the exterior on the second home, especially the front door...hobbit like and cute. I'm visiting via a Daily Cup. I haven't liked up this week, but love checking out the participants just the same.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to visit Sue - thanks so much!!!
      XXX

      Delete
  18. Love San Francisco and would love to live there. I'd be happy in either one of these, but the 2nd is my fav. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first would be my choice - I have to have outdoor space. They say the location of the second is bombarded by tourist buses all day long. I agree with the comment above the first is staged beautifully with sculptural art. By the way, Suzan, as I was perusing these listings I noticed I had spilled my cocktail all over your post. Excusez-moi, s'ilvous plait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVELY!!! We live just about 3 hours from SF and my husband and I get to a SF Giants baseball game at least once every spring/summer. We love the city...my sister and her hubby got engaged there...such a neat place!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's all that character that gets me. Love the cozy nooks, steps going down into the alcoves, etc. I can't say I have any desire to live in SF, but if the house could travel here and meet me in FL, I'd be good with that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whow, amazing homes. I liked the second one better than the first.
    Was fun to look.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope your dream of living there will come true for you some day.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Thanks for the tour of two beautiful homes!! It's it is always fun to see what those homes loo like on the inside, these two did not disappoint!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming along with me!!!
      Have a great weekend!
      Hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  24. oh, I love San Fran! I could move in either one tomorrow. lol! Last time we were there we bought our youngest daughter's prom dress in Ashberry. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I'd like the first house - but I love some of the accent pieces, furniture and the out door furniture in their rooftop setting for the second home. Tres cool!

    www.seaweedandraine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - the first house is for me ( by a nose though, only by a nose lol )
      Thanks for coming by!
      XXX

      Delete
  27. Hi I'm stopping in from Adorned From Above Link Party today. I have followed your blog. I would be really happy if you would stop by my blog where I offer a wide variety of awesome tutorials, featured artists, how to's, and designs. Right now I have a blog hop going on you can link up until Monday March 4th. www.chapmandesignaddiction.blogspot.com Thank you for the information on the no reply blogger I think I fixed it .

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was raised in an old Victorian in the Mission District of San Francisco from 1961 until I got married in 1981. As a youth I had absolutely no appreciation or admiration for the beautiful architecture of our home. Oh how I wish I could go back and see it again. I live in Virginia now ... a little far too travel. The things I remember the most were the built-ins, the butlers pantry and the stunning wainscoating. Thank you for bringing back those memories!

    Stopping in from Wow Us Wednesdays.

    Lani
    www.SimplyFreshVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a butlers pantry too!!! ( and I was afraid of it for some reason ) and I never appreciated old either so my first place on my own ( in the 70's ) was as stark and modern with glass and chrome all over the place as you could get!
      Oh when I think of the furniture that went in the garbage back in the day!
      Lucky you to have been raised in such an idyllic location though!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  29. My daughter lives in San Francisco and we love to visit her. She is a renter, but her apartment is in a building with an exterior much like those you featured. She is trying to convince us to relocate to SF after we retired so we will be closer to her. We live in a tiny little beach cottage just steps to the ocean and there is no way we could afford anything close to the water in SF.

    It is a fun, fun, fun place to visit, but I imagine Montreal is also a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Suzan,
    We just wanted to let you know that this post is being featured at this week at Wednesday's Adorned from Above Blog Hop. Thanks so much for sharing with everyone. We really appreciate it.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hopping here from adorned from above. Beautiful homes!

    Marie
    http://123craftcafe.com
    http://asatisfiedspirit.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo