Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Converted T.V. armoire

These pieces of furniture have become redundant - cannot find a photo of how it looked originally - because we disassembled it years ago ( I think flat screens came out the year after we bought this )

Today I dragged this up from the basement and when I tell you I dragged it up I am not stretching the truth one iota - this is probably the heaviest piece of furniture I have had to lug up a flight of stairs in my life..........
Look at the size of this - and it's solid wood.................


so this is the bottom - there are 2 side pieces and a back which are still down there - I won't be needing them ( thank God )

and here is the flat piece that would sit on the top of the sides


I've simply plunked that top piece on top of the bottom piece ( have no idea how I'll secure it - but I'm sure I'll find a way - I don't worry about trivial things like that, lol ) I like that it has 2 drawers.


I am really torn between upholstering it - or just going all Shabby Chic on it - so for now I'l paint it and if I'm not happy with the results I'll throw ( staple )  some fabric on it!!!

That's what I'm doing tonight folks - ( AFTER MY ARMS STOP SHAKING )

What's everyone else up to?

XXX

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, that looks beastly heavy! Have fun with the redo. What I'm doing is cleaning out my laundry room. If you could see it, you would understand. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Since it looks a bit short if it were mine I would definitely upholster the top and put wheels on the bottom so that it would be more functional and easier to move around since it's so heavy. But that's just me. I've been getting orders out today.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will look nice with fabric or shabby chic. It's a beautiful piece of furniture and I think you're going to enjoy playing around with it. I'll be back to see the finish product. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little behind reading my comments...so you were also called Gidget? My group of 4 middle school friends called me that - I truly just wanted to move to Malibu or Hawaii and become a beach bum and surf all day! I am still a fan of Sally Fields!I - and if I see that the original Gidget movie is on TV I have to watch it! just began to follow you, too, so I will be back! patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun whatever you decide!! nothing is heavy like that these days....
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus, Suzan! You put me to shame! Do you ever stop??
    Couldn't you just GLUE the top on it? My friend Pa said there is a really sticky and strong glue that can glue anything! She was trying to convince me to GLUE a door to a wall to make a chalkboard out of it! I was not convinced a heavy antiquy door would glue on a thin dry wall... I cannot screw it on becuase it has a pocket door inside that wall.
    I can't wait to see what you do to the table! I would probably paint it Paris Gray... I am boring like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing what you decide to with this table. Go for it big time!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you do with the table. I am sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo