Wednesday, March 16, 2016

FRAMED !

Good morning everyone !

We had a mirror break last week - I think we break one every 7 years or so just to keep the bad luck coming really :)

It was a mirror that hung on the bathroom door and so I had John carefully remove the mirror itself out of the wood ( kind of ornate ) frame and painted it gold.

John says - What are you going to put in it?
Suzan says - Nothing - I'm going to hang it up empty - along with a few others
John says - Oh c'mon now - that's going to look ridiculous.
Suzan says - No it won't - it's a look - I've done it before on mantels
John says - Well that's one thing - hanging it up is going to look ridiculous
( he repeats himself - often )


I need more frames - small ones to fill out the empty spaces but it's a great start, right?

John says - This looks even more ridiculous than I thought it would
Suzan says - Of course it does sweetheart


John says - WE'RE GOING TO KILL OURSELVES COMING DOWN THE BLOODY STAIRS !

Now he just may have a point there - these are the worst stairs in the history of house building I'm sure.  They're narrow with a very dangerous turn at the halfway mark - I've been begging John to put up a banister for the 2 years since we bought this hellhole fixer upper.


Suzan says - I've asked you a hundred times to put a banister up !
John says - Well I was going to do it this month
Suzan says - Of course you were sweetheart
John says - WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO - HOLD ON TO AN EMPTY FRAME ON OUR WAY DOWN ?
John says - It's a nuthouse - a complete nut house
Suzan says - PLEASE DON'T HOLD ON TO THE EMPTY FRAMES - YOU MIGHT BREAK ONE OF THEM !



I came across a before photo last week and almost died  WAS I BRAVE OR WHAT?   I mean really can you believe we bought this place ?
I seriously think I had a temporary loss of sanity - it's the only way I can explain it -
AND it's been 2 years and we're far from finished !


Have a wonderful day all.............
Much love,
Me

LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES?

FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE

20 comments:

  1. Gosh the before and after!!!! Looks amazing!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Suzan. I love the frames and your beautiful stairwell plus the before and after photos are amazing to see al the work you've done. We had a carpenter look at our front entry and stairwell last year as we plan (hope) to do some renovations this year. He said the bannister we have plus NO bannister going down to the basement is not "up to code". Ahem...you need to check that out if you ever plan to sell your house. I'm sure 'codes' are different from province to province but a bannister is a must on stairs. One of these days we'll get it all done and up to code. I don't like stairs that turn. Our daughter has them in her house and she and I have both fallen down on the narrowing of the steps (like wedges) going up from the landing. I don't know how her 3 kids have not fallen on them yet. The baby crawls up and down with no problem though. Maybe I need to do that!! Haha. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Oops. I forgot John is English. lol Enjoy! xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, Suzann. Well after 48 years, I've learned not to argue. However due to the remodel..WTH has been sprinkled about here, a lot. I actually am getting molding---attatched to the walls...this time. Novel--concept, I know. Phewwwww...nice to know others have 'issues' with the way we see the world. Get that railing or I won't come and visit...lol. Tell him it's code...and for sure he will have to subscribe to a 'code'. Grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a difference between before and after - opps almost done. John should be happy that there is not a mirror in that frame - that could really throw him off balance seeing himself coming down the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all the beautiful changes you've made, Suze! All that hard work paid off.
    How's your sweet boy Evan?
    xoxo, T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your floor, is it gray? Very pretty and so shiny. Looks like you two have done quite a bit from little I could see.
    My hubs scoffs at things I do and want to do, no vision. Personally believe empty frames look awesome on wall, what do they know?
    Had friend in Helena, MT who bought an old house with even narrower stairs than yours, really. No bannister or stairs either. Not good idea to drink too much at her house. She did lots of wonderful fix-ups at her house. Have great weekend dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, have you all done a wonderful job transforming your home. A lot of hard work. I love empty frames. I use them a lot around my tiny 700 square foot cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE LOOKING AT THIS HOUSE!!! But you had to remind me! What a horror... But you have been doing some very amazing things. It DOES take time, and you are doing it right!!! You've come a long way, baby...♪ ♪ ♪

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that your empty frames are very chic,Suzan!
    Wow, the "Before" pic sure is a radical contrast to the "After", or vice-versa! I hate the way the "Before" looks. It's an OK look for a cabin in the woods, maybe, but your transformation has been marvelous. I love your decorations, and I especially LOVE the contrast of the dark floors and the white stairs and doors and furniture! You had a vision of the blank slate you had before you when you bought the house---you weren't insane. Your creative eye took over, and you knew you could transform it. With all of the great changes you made, you'll make a profit if you ever decide to sell your house! So you are not only a top notch Interior Designer, but also a great Investor! SEE--not Insane at all!
    Can't wait to see your next gorgeous transformation!
    Love ya,
    Ethel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzan, I love what you both have done for your home. I also love the black and white decor...I use black myself and am quite pleased with the results. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe it has been two years! How time doth softly sweetly fly. I need to wash the outdoor Windows, just admitted to me self that it had been three years! Love the empty frames, would it be a safe bet to envision said frames will hold Christmas decs?
    Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Suzan! The frames look great (what does John know, anyway?)! The before and after is quite dramatic. You have done a superb job on fixing up the rooms you have. Look at it this way, you won't get bored anytime soon. You will be able to refresh and renovate for some time yet. And some would even be jealous of that. ;-)
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo impressed with the entire area...stairs, walls, chalkboard...amazing! Come do my staircase, I don't like it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks amazing. What are you working on these days?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your empty frame staircase. Does it help if I fell you it is going into yr 3 here and we too do not have a banister though the staircase was rebuilt. Misery loves company darlin'. But you have that absolutely gorgeous garden that we are all looking forward to pictures of this year. I have mud, piles of broken branches and ticks which are a plague here. Trying very hard to keep the faith going here but such a battle. Can't wait for Friday's post to lift my spirits. xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzan...I love the frames on your wall.!! I just might have to do this in my hallway.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh you have done so much work already Suzan. You have made that house your home and have done it with such beautiful style. Now I have to go search for some old frames.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, Susan. Wouldn't believe it's the same place!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there, Suzan! I haven't seen your post in a long time. I'm worried. Are you OK?Please write to me!
    lmarec@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo