Thursday, February 18, 2016

ADDING DRAMA TO THE KITCHEN ( a black wall )

Good morning everyone !

Please forgive me for not replying to your comments - I'm having issues with my emails,
I answer one or two and then it freezes -
You know - really - I could just scream - I buy a new computer and apparently I had a virus within 24 hours.  A nasty one.

Anyway this post is not about my computer drama - it's about my kitchen drama :)

John was going to be out the entire day last week with meetings so I waited until he pulled out of the drive way and ran and got my paint.............I knew if I could finish the entire wall and put everything back before he came home - he'd never notice - even if the wall was going from white to BLACK !

I quickly taped it off and hurriedly started painting - nervously watching the clock and panicking a little that something would be cancelled and he'd walk in right in the middle of it.


In addition to trying to do it as quickly as I could - it was going to take 2 coats !


I've painted a wall or 2 black in every house I've lived in for the past 15 years and this is the point
where I always wonder what the hell I'm doing


And then the 2nd coat goes on ( and it never disappoints ) there's something about the clean lines of black against white that I just love


Did you know you can hang your rolling pin on a plate thingamajig?
You're welcome


I was able to get the wall painted ( both sides of the stove ) and everything put back before John walked in the door



I never said a thing..............


When he sat at the island having a glass of water..............looking in the general direction of THE wall...............

Suzan says - I cut some hearts out for Valentine's day
John says - Yeah - I was just looking at them
Suzan says - What do you think of them?
John says - Seems a little silly to me - it's just you and me here tonight -
Suzan says -  I can't tell you how impressed I am that you noticed them
John says - smugly - Well it'd be pretty hard not to see them don't you think?
Suzan says - I suppose so................


Lindsay and Tony came over later for a coffee ( daughter and son in law )

Tony says - HEY !   That wall wasn't black on the weekend !
John says - What are you talking about?
Tony says - That black wall - it was white on the weekend
John says - No - it was always black....................
Suzan says - I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO NOTICE THAT WALL !
Lindsay says - It wasn't always black
John says - Well we have black walls in every room !

We don't.
One of the guest rooms has a black wall  HERE
and a wall in the entry way was painted black well over a year ago ( maybe two? )..............HERE
it no longer is

I swear to you if I moved one golf club from inside the bag he'd know it....................paint an entire wall black?
Not so much LOL




Ok - I'm off - I'm painting a desk today - ( not black )
You all have a wonderful Thursday
Hugs,
Me


LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
JOIN ME AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES !

FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE                                  MY TURN FOR US
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH                              STONE GABLE
AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY                                       KATHE WITH AN E
FLUSTER BUSTER                                                        REFRESH LIVING
SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE                                        ART & SAND
THE ESSENCE OF HOME                                             LAMBERTS LATELY

36 comments:

  1. Looks Grrrreat. Very Classy looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, Suzan. And, I love dishes with words on them. :) So typical...I can hang something on the wall and it won't be noticed for a year by someone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That black wall is spectacular and looks like it always should have been. No wonder he missed it-lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue - it blows me away because I would ( and have done ) notice a wrinkle on the bed LOL
      xxx

      Delete
  4. hahaha. my husband....he would notice, and then sadly shake his head while walking away. :D
    But I have to say....it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbi - It's not even the first time with John - so it's not age LOL !
      I think you have to care about your surroundings to notice maybe? He'd notice a new patch of greass on a golf green I can assure you of that !!!
      xox

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this so much! Stunning. You all crack me up. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Laura !
      We crack ourselves up usually lol !
      Happy weekend
      xox

      Delete
  6. It's beautiful, Suzan. And somehow you always make it work!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks stunning! And I'm tickled by the whimsy of branch styled so beautifully across the shelves. I think you should write a book called Conversations with John. What a hoot that would be :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the black walls Suzan. You are so talented I always com away with some inspiration when I visit. Have an amazing weekend. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome! I love that you are brave enough to paint a wall black. The most daring I've ever been was red and once a navy blue bedroom for my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie - ( but if it took bravery it would never get done - I don't have a brave bone in my body LOL )
      Red and Navy blue are pretty daring colors !!!
      Red is a hard one - I once painted a room in 4 or 5 shades and never got the exact right red I was looking for .
      Navy blue on a wall is simply stunning
      Have a wonderful weekend
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. John stuns me. He really does. How can he notice little hearts but not the whole wall that magically changed color while he was gone? He's a hoot. Keep him. He adds SO much to this blog! What would you talk about if you didn't have him? Sorry about the computer. Download the free AVG. If I can do it, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have thought of black because I am a big fat chicken, not daring at all cuz I'm afraid to goof....but I LOVE the way the black wall looks! You have a good eye and a great imagination plus talent! It came out just beautifully! John is just like my husband. My husband would never have noticed it! I'm telling you, I could walk right in front of him with my hair on fire and he wouldn't notice!
    You are so funny!!! Thank you for the revelation of hanging the rolling pin on the plate thinamajiggy--seriously, it takes a creative person like you to do it. You're just so funny the way you say things, and the way you wait till John is outta the house to do stuff--Just like Lucy used to. I do the same, so we are alike that way--I'm just not as creative as you! I like the way you said: "this is the point where I always wonder what the Hell I'm doing." Well, I'm always at that point!
    Love ya,
    Your partner in crime,
    Ethel
    P.S. (We'd be dangerous together.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura !
      I never really understand why people are afraid of paint - since it can so easily be fixed if you don't like it.
      Now having said that I'm the biggest chicken out there with everything else so who am I to talk LOL ?
      What are you and Fred up to this weekend?
      Ricky and I are taking it easy
      Hope you have a good one
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. I love it. Why didn't you paint the outlet cover black? Or are you afraid you won't find it to plug something in? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it!! You have a great eye!!
    Love the hearts too. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Love it! My husband would come home from a few days away and look around the house wondering what I had done! Ha! He almost never could figure it out! Daaaaah! Anyway! You did a great job!!! Love! Love ! The drama!!! It's beautiful! and Oh by the way! THANK YOU for the rolling pin deal! I will do this in my farmhouse kitchen!!!!see ya! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy ! Every time John went away on business I'd call contractors in LMHO !
      Have a happy weekend !
      xxx

      Delete
  15. it looks FABULOUS...FAB...U...LOUS !!!
    now, tell me about those metal shelves on ea side of....the hearts..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks stunning Suzan!! I guess it does to John too because if it would have looked awful to him, he would have noticed! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks beautiful, love it! And thanks for the rolling pin holder tip ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly !
      ( and you're welcome ! )
      Have a happy weekend
      xox

      Delete
  18. It's really interesting how the shelf contents...step forward into the footlights. With the proper lighting this looks fabulous and all your goodies SHINE! Thanks for the brave step, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's hilarious that John never noticed that wall. I LOVE the WOW factor! I'm impressed you painted it and had everything back together before he got home - you're good. Hope your computer issues get resolved soon and have a great weekend Suzan ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND this isn't the first time it's happened Marie - so I should be used to it.
      I'm fast - I'm really fast when it comes to paint and everything else actually - and John is slow - really slow - you should see in action together LMHO !
      Happy weekend to you too Marie !
      xox

      Delete
  20. You and John really makes me laugh... From what I read on blogs, husbands are very bad at noticing decoration transformations... Cats notice the littlest thing, on the contrary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!! The black wall and the 'discovery' of it with the conversation around it. Hilarious! The wall looks great and makes your displays really stand out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wholeheartedly agree. There is nothing like a black wall. Your wall is stunning! It adds such drama to your kitchen essentials. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow...too funny! Coach (my hubs) never notices if I dye my hair, but I'm certain he would notice a black wall! First of all, he knows me too well, and I don't paint!
    However, that looks absolutely AMAZING! I love it so much! Excellent job. :)
    I also love your cursor...that little martini is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was hoping against hope that John would notice it right away. In fact, rooting for him. ;-0 Anyway, the wall looks great as do all your projects. I'm a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I commented earlier so I will just say, thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would never have thought to paint a wall black in the kitchen, but that looks stunning! I love how your white dishes and decor stand out from it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo