Friday, May 15, 2015

A Friday Chat ( about this & that )

There's something going on with the birds.


SOURCE
I can remember a time when the sweet sound of their chirping would wake me up with a song in my heart........
For some reason there's a war going on in the trees outside my bedroom.
They're Angry...............there's fights going on, I swear to you.
It's incredibly loud and actually frightening - the type of noise that would make you think Alfred Hitchcock
is sitting in a director's chair just underneath the trees saying " Louder - Angrier ! "
Maybe it has something to do with nesting and territory but wow is it ever unnerving !
Maybe they're fighting over the birdhouses I painted?
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm mad at Target - really mad ( madder than the birds )
I was excited when I found out they were coming to Canada - instead of having to rely on cross border shopping - EXCEPT - they charged more for everything up here AND the inventory was sorely lacking.
Empty shelves were far too common.
Anyway the reason I'm angry is this.
17,600 employees are out of work - and although they set up a fund to offer severance packages - which came to 56 million dollars - they gave the CEO a golden handshake of 61 million dollars.  For a failed endeavor.
What are they paying SUCCESSFUL CEO's  ???????????????
They paid ONE man more then they gave to 17,600 employees combined.
The world makes me sick some days.
Seriously sick to my stomach that we live in such dishonest and greed filled times.

im·mor·al
i(m)หˆmรดrษ™l/
adjective
adjective: immoral

bad, wicked, dissolute, dissipated, profligate. Immoral, abandoned, depraved,
  1. one who makes no attempt to curb self indulgence. 
  2. Immoral, referring to conduct, applies to one who acts contrary to or does not obey
  3. or conform to standards of morality 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My daughter posted this pic on her facebook page - she took it from her balcony ! ( she's quite the amateur photographer ) 



Meanwhile I can't take a photo from across a room.................
___________________________________________________________________________________________

John and I are having far too many debates on what color to paint the exterior of the house -
It's stucco...............
I want depth - such as in a dark grey with white shutters.
He wants very light - with dark shutters.
Meanwhile it sits here looking awful - while it's inhabitants bicker non stop over color charts ............
My argument is that dark will last longer - not show wear and tear as much
What do you think?
Oh - and against that dark grey walls - and white shutters - I want to plant climbing white roses.
It may be the roses that are swaying me - but you know once you get a vision in your head?
IT. WON'T. GO. AWAY.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

LIVE AND LET LIVE

It truly is a statement I try my hardest to live by

EXCEPT ( and there are always exceptions to every rule )

When I read something like this

You have to read this to believe it - the entire conversation is as ludicrous as it gets.

A Saudi Arabian historian trying to justify the nation's ban on female drivers says women who drive in other countries such as the United States don't care if they're raped and that sexual violence "is no big deal to them."
Saleh al-Saadoon claimed in a recent TV interview that women can be raped when a car breaks down, but unlike other countries, Saudi Arabia protects its women from that risk by not allowing them to drive in the first place, according to a translation posted online by the Middle East Media Research Institute.
"They don't care if they are raped on the roadside, but we do," al-Saadoon said on Saudi Rotana Khalijiyya TV.
“Hold on. Who told you they don’t care about getting raped on the roadside?” asked the host, a woman who is not named in the transcript.
“It’s no big deal for them beyond the damage to their morale,” al-Saadoon replied. “In our case, however, the problem is of a social and religious nature.”
Two other guests on the show -- a man and a woman -- appeared to be in shock over his comments. Al-Saadoon said they were out of touch.
"They should listen to me and get used to what society thinks," al-Saadoon said.
Since the rape argument didn't seem to be convincing anyone, al-Saadoon tried another approach, claiming that women are treated "like queens" in Saudi Arabia because they are driven around by the men of the family and male chauffeurs. That led the host to ask if he wasn't afraid that women might be raped by their chauffeurs.
Al-Saadoon agreed.
"There is a solution, but the government officials and the clerics refuse to hear of it," he said. "The solution is to bring in female foreign chauffeurs to drive our wives."
That caused the female host to laugh and cover her face with her palm.
"Female foreign chauffeurs?" she said. "Seriously?"
Saudi women face serious penalties if they are caught driving, including lashing. Two women who defied the ban on driving last year, Loujain al-Hathloul and Maysa al-Amoudi, are being tried in a court that handles terror cases.
_________________________________________________________________

QUEENS - RIDING AROUND ON CAMELS !
Good luck getting one of us " foreigner's " over there to drive your " queens " around buster.......................
" now there's an interesting job I'd like to have " said no North American woman ever .
_________________________________________________________________________________

My Mother used to hang our laundry outside even in the winter.
They'd hang there like pieces of cardboard for a few hours and then they'd be brought in to thaw out
I can't imagine doing it today - but it was quite common back in the day - isn't that a little bizarre?
I don't know where that thought came from - just a memory.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Well Lordy Lordy - check out this email I received.

Member ID: 1000000000038979788
November: Let's talk about digestion
Please excuse the somewhat personal nature of this email, but the information I am about to share is extremely important for both you and your digestive health.
You may not think that you're constipated, but in reality, it is very likely that you are.
You see, constipation is not simply "not being able to go," or only eliminating once a week...that's severe constipation. The truth is, a healthy digestive system should be eliminating after every meal.
Are you moving your bowels several times a day, once for every meal you eat? If not, you are suffering from constipation, which will cause a build up of toxins and undigested, rotten, putrid food in your digestive system.
This can make it much harder for you to lose fat while also wreaking havoc on your digestive system and overall health...really bad stuff. Just imagine all that rotted, disgusting food sitting there in your digestive system...yuck!
Simple things to promote healthy digestion:
Adopt an exercise routine
Eliminate processed meats
Eat a lot of vegetables
Consume friendly bacteria

Simple enough

Good Grief......................like I didn't have enough to worry about......................

GET OFF MY EMAILS YOU LUNATICS - JUST.  GET.  OFF.
YOU'RE TURNING ME INTO A NEUROTIC MESS IN THE BATHROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

So I thought I'd share a conversation I was once a part of .....................
With my hairdresser
( and Lord knows why I'm sharing this - it's extremely embarrassing and very crude )

Me - Hi Linda !  Can you squeeze me in for a quick appointment this week ?
Linda - I'm fully booked - is it to streak your hair?
Me - No no, I just need a quick wash and a blowjob

The room went deathly quiet until one co-worker screamed
" O.M.G. - do you know what you just said " ?

Of course I did - the sickening moment it came out of my mouth.

I swear to you I turned every shade of red within seconds..................( 50 shades of red? )

Did I mention this happened at work?

I remember it every single time I make an appointment................
As I very slowly explain that it's for a wash and a b.l.o.w - d.r.y
I think I should edit this out of the post - I just read it to John

John says - DO NOT PUT THAT IN THERE - FOR GOD'S SAKES - 

But it's staying ( if I can save just one person............................)

To err is only human after all........................
Let's just say I'm a human through and through.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm on a diet,  I go on a diet every May for the last 5 years - that may be the reason I'm leaving that last paragraph in - my mind is not in it's right state.
A chocolate bar probably could have stopped me.

Have a wonderful day everyone...............
And an even better weekend
Much love,
Me

32 comments:

  1. And then the earth opened up and swallowed Suzan. LOL Have you tried My Fitness Pal app on your phone to help with dropping the pounds you want to get rid of? I'm using that and have actually managed to get rid of the 10 pounds that had been hanging around for a few years! Very handy, that app.

    I love the sound of the birds early in the morning, although I'll have to admit it's pretty darned early. 4:15 or so. And we have a woodpecker who loves rat-a-tatting on the steel barn roof. You'd think he'd get a headache, but apparently it's worth it to him to hear the sound he likes. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are very angry. I understand it all and can totally sympathize with the birds and the target situation. I love Target. I am so sorry that they sucked in Canada. Hope you have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzan
    I have a story that reminds me of your hair dresser story.
    I was in our van driving down the road with my husband and two teenage sons. It was an old van that had the side triangular shaped windows, called wings.
    It was getting pretty warm in the van, I asked my husband to open the wing to get air flowing. But here's what came out of my mouth, "Greg will you open your fly?" (fly here in my neck of the woods mean zipper on your pants). I tell you I was so embarrassed. I just said that in front of my boys!! And then I just broke out in the biggest belly laugh. We all had a good one over that and remember to this day. It still tickles me,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMHO !!!
      Lucky you didn't say " Grey will you open your fly - I'm dying here " LOLOLOL
      ( I think " fly " is universal - we say that too )
      Thanks for sharing and not making me feel so alone - ( although mine is far worse I think lol )
      xoxox

      Delete
  4. Don't get me started on failed CEO's and Golden Handshakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzan, I love your friday chats!
    Sorry to hear target didn't go over well in Canada; I shop in there maybe once every two months, it has gotten to the point where I can't seem to find what I am looking for!

    How about going with a paint color that is midway between what you both want? You could still plant your white roses!!

    OH!!I read the article from the so called historian and women driving...as I was laughing at his stupidity all I could think was they seriously need to muzzle some people! Plus I hate to say this...but somewhere in the western world there would be those women who would drive their women around just for the money!!

    I swear this world has somehow found its way right into the center of the "Twilight Zone"!!!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never thought of meeting in the middle Tina LMHO !!!
      And you're probably right about a Western Woman taking on the job - they pay really well after all.
      I agree with the twilight zone - it's like the world is on its axis or something !
      xoxox

      Delete
  6. It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid (and I really hate to use that word) that some companies and people are. How can you treat employees that way. There are so many stories and events that happened in my career, that now would have been harassment , but weren't then.
    I believe the birds are staking out their area for nesting.
    Relax and just laugh at all the silliness in this crazy world. or have a nice glass of wine or two.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for starting my day off right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had an American friend in England who loved to introduce himself, with a big grin and handshake, 'Hi I'm Randy'! Laughs a plenty! You are a loveable nut!!!๐Ÿ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMHO - that's just too funny !
      Have to tell John that one lol
      XOXO

      Delete
  9. My mouth is still hanging open over the "opinion" of that Saudi ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzan,
    Loved the post today. Yep it is sad in your country and ours that CEO's and the monster's in charge make more money and get rewarded for poor job performance and yet the little guy that works hard for a living gets the axe when the company does not live up to expectations. Crazy!!!! Love the hairdresser story. OMG that sounds like something that would come out of my mouth lol! Have a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seem to unable to form a cohesive response to your chat, I am attempting to diet myself so I will attribute my lack of words to that...suffice it to say that I read it twice and laughed both times! Oh yes, definitely go dark with the color for the house, you are absolutely right that it will wear much better and you won't need to repaint as often, sorry John!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Saudi Arabian historian is so very out of touch, as are some of our politicians. We have heard plenty in our own country about how rape is talked about. One politician said a woman can't get pregnant if it is a true rape. Yes...Why do some people not have muzzles? I think if we let politicians talk long enough we may never get an answer to our questions, but they will reveal oh so much more. We just need to listen to what they don't think they are saying.

    Target: This reveals so much about a company. CEOs are so responsible that they know who to blame when the company goes into the toilet. The amount of money some (most ?) of them make is indecent. I don't use Target that often, but that's where we buy our toilet paper in bulk. (The potty talk continues...) The alternative would be Walmart, which is even worse. We are embarrassed enough to have them in our town, let alone right down the highway. They are at the top of our boycott list.

    I can't help you with a paint color. We would probably go with pink or lavender, but not really. It would be fun, though. Being close to a beach, those and other strange colors are the norm! Maybe you should start a linky party with ugly/shocking/disturbing house colors. We could participate, for sure!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you should both agree on which dark color and which light color and then use Sherwin William's website to upload and picture of the outside of your house and try it both ways. Maybe that will help you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you and John figure out the colour for the outside of your cottage. I think I'll leave that decision up to you two. You could plant red roses against white stucco. Just saying. Enjoy the holiday weekend Suzan and John. xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan, color me Bizarre, I hang out my clothes on the line (sometimes a rack) and when you bring in the frozen clothes they smell so nice when the are drying (or thawing). The jeans were funny and the towels were good for exfoliating, LOL
    Great blog and so enjoy reading it, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's NOTHING like the smell of sheet that have been out in the sun and breeze drying - nothing !
      I want to install one this year !
      Towels were good for exfoliating LMHI !!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. I don't know where to laugh or cry about your post...ok, both. Yikes on the email and target and Saudi Arabian dude.
    Ooo, white roses on a dark grey house! Pretty! I'm wanting a grayish tile in the bath but haven't convinced Bruce yet. I'll root for your choice if you root for mine! Lol. Have a wonderful weekend too, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well you know I love grey! And the vision of white roses climbing up the house... beautiful. Love this post Suzan, you always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE reading these posts, you keep me laughing. EXCEPT for the Saudi IDIOT guy!! Good Lord. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My hairdresser has a fantastic sense of humor and probably would have said, sure, honey, but I'll have to charge more. Btw, I didn't get it on first read, so what does that say?? My mother hung her wash out and it came in like stacked boards in the winter. Love, love, love the fragrance of wash hung outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I didn't know about the Target SLIMEBALLS! I thought Zellers was bad enough for selling out their employees but really, I guess all department stores are the same! I just shake my head on the rest of it. It sickens me to think about it all. Yes frozen laundry...lol. I remember my mom hanging clothes out on the line in the winter. I am in the same dilemma about our exterior. What to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like light colors for houses, but that being said your visions always turn out great so I'd just let you go with what you wanted and know it would turn out great.

    Your daughter's pic is great! I'm just happening over to say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh for pete's sake, Suzan. I go away to Vegas for four days and I come back to diets and blow jobs. It's the end of the world as we know it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know what'll come out of my mouth Jan LOL !!! ( but I refuse to be responsible for the end of the world as we know it lol )
      xxx

      Delete
  23. When my house was still clapboard I painted it charcoal grey with white accents. The neighbours were appalled but I loved it. I'm off to apply for that sweet job driving oppressed women around. Wonder if I have to wear a burqa?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in my studio laughing so hard the dog came in and started wildly barking so John had to come in to make sure I was okay? still laughing.....HATE that companies think nothing of paying their CEOS tons of money while they peons who do ALL the work get a pittance or laid off......target here in the US is wonderful sorry it isn't there.....and Saudi men where does one start......those poor women.....once on a medical trip to Guatemala one of the drs gave the Operating staff a full bag of coffee to brew for everyone. We all then took a break and in my perfect ( or so I thought) Spanish I asked OUTLOUD in front of 20 plus men and women a nurse if I could nurse cream from her breast.......when I was asking if they had any cream for our coffee The room went dead silent and as I looked around I realized I said breast and then everyone burst into laughter (that understood spanish) and were almost on the floor....along with the red face nurse with the big mouth and poor spanish vocabulary......every day after that someone in the hospital would pat their breast and mock drink coffee when i walked by or entered the room.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo