Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Red Pick Up Truck.....................

You know the ones......................

They're all over blog land - vintage with a beautiful patina - and a tree tied in the back?

I haven't found one yet - or I have but they're so expensive and some of the shipping is outrageous  but oh my gosh look at what's out there !!!

All on e-bay ( I've provided the links in case anyone is interested

HERE  ( almost 40.00 with shipping )  Love the color !


HERE - better price - love the patina !

HERE  -  just because................


HERE - perfectly aged !

HERE - I'm in love with the van !

The bell !
Vintage fire truck ( for Terry's stocking, Kris !!! )
HERE

I'm pretty sure my brother had this ambulance - it looks very familiar to me
HERE

Just because I used to love sitting in the back of these !
HERE


My Favorite !!!
HERE

I suppose a car would work as well - a tree could sit on the roof

HERE

Unless it didn't have a roof


In that case it could sit in one of these trailers !

HERE

Would it be weird for a 55 year old gal to start collecting dinky cars?
I wasn't even crazy about them when I was a child - my brother would beg me to play with him outside but I usually chose to play with my barbie's instead.  Do you see how everything changes?
Wonder if my brother is secretly yearning to play with barbie's now?

How on earth will I ever explain this one to John?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone !!!
Can Christmas be next week?
Un. Be. lievable !

Hugs,
Me,

17 comments:

  1. Sweet vintage trucks and cars! I am still wanting a vintage one too, but the ornament truck I bought this year will have to do until then. and...no, I can't believe next week is Christmas!!! This month always flies by....way.....too.....fast! On the bright side, today is my last day of work for 16 glorious days...:) Have a blessed Friday.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all , and no I don't think it would be a bit weird for you to start collecting them. The problem might be to get John to stop playing with them. LOL
    xo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. not weird at all, the color and rusty finish on these fit in beautifully on a shelf with your white silver black color scheme, I think its a textural thing, but you know me , I have not a decorating bone in my body, lol, I just know what I like,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take it from someone that played with these as a kid - you're going to need a sandbox for the ultimate truck pushin' experience. I paved roads with my hand, built fences from twigs, and used real tree parts as the trees. Then one of my brothers would come through like Godzilla and demolish my work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking at all the cars and trucks with bottle brush trees in them! I am going to dig through our old toys, but I already had the kids bring down some of our old tractors with wagons behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally found my own sweet little pickup truck at a flea market over the weekend. It is now sitting happily on my coffee table with a vintage bottle brush tree tied onto it. I have to admit, it puts a great big ol smile on my face every time I see it, so of course I have to find another one!! I think John would love to have a collection of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable Suzan! I'm there with you in a different style... I want a 1940's black dial telephone in good condition. Okay, it would be super coolerlicious if it works too. :)))
    ~ Christina in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang! Went I went to look at the ambulance link, it was already done!! :(((

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all would so good in your house, especially the red ones. I'll bet your Barbie decorated and redecorated to her hearts content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun post Suzan! I just broke out all of Wills old trucks for Jacob to play with while we had tons of gravel in our back yard! Glad I kept them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun fun!! I love dinky cars. My brother and I spent hours building roads etc. in our driveway with our big metal trucks and the small cars. My hubby has a few of his still and 2 are super nice cars in....turquoise and blue. They are very expensive collectibles now. I hope you find a red truck 'under' your tree this year! wink wink John. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little red trucks, but I am too cheap to buy one AND I don't really have the space to buy anything new. So, I am going to get my rusty little red wagon out of the garden (a Hallmark cheapie a few years ago) and put a tree in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzan, these are all soooo cool! Love the red pickups too, but haven't been able to find one as of yet. Maybe Santa is bringing it? Hope you have a happy and blessed holiday season.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you,this was so cute. I will have to go see if i can find one in my stash of old cars from my sons younger days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh- don't you just love them? Those are wonderful because they bring back such a gentler, softer side of life for us as kids...when mechanicals were pushed by hand and things were brain-powered rather than robotically animated. Guess what? Barbies haven't changed all that much though, have they? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo