Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 101

WOW !!!  I feel like I've found the holy grail of IWLW's.
This is just too spectacular for words - so I won't bore you with any of mine today
Just what the listing reads -
and then I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

CARRIAGE HOUSE
4 beds - 4 baths
( 8 rooms total )
6,995,000
Brooklyn, New York
Realtor : DEBBIE RIEDERS
Images sourced thru CORCORAN.COM

If any of you buy this - you have to invite me to come for a visit -

Listing reads ( interesting !!! )

This rare Cobble Hill Carriage House, a former 1840’s Firehouse, is what real estate dreams are made of in New York City. Featured in many famous films over the years, it is impressive in scale with a 25’ wide x 85’ footprint, and offers three loft-like floors without the inconvenience of vertical townhouse living. The main floor weighs in at 2125 sq. ft. alone, and allows for an entertainment space unrivaled by ANY townhouse OR apartment in Brownstone Brooklyn. Add to that the drama of massive exposed wood beams, arched windows, a charming greenhouse, a perennial garden, an oversized reclaimed-brick wood-burning fireplace, 12” wide wood-plank floors, double height ceilings, a terrace off the 2nd floor, and oversized skylights, and you have a one-of-kind property with the warmth and grandeur only found in historical homes, but the open layout of more modern living. Currently configured as a two-unit home, with some very minor adjustments this home easily becomes a grand home with 4 to 6 bedrooms. It has been updated with central AC, and a Chef’s kitchen complete with a 48” Viking stove and granite countertops. Located in the heart of Cobble Hill, near Trader Joes, Barneys, every subway line, multiple schools, and Bklyn Bridge Park. Garage with monthly spots conveniently located across the street.
Additional features of this building include: Exposed Beam Ceiling and Double Height Ceilings, Parking Garage on Block w Monthly Spots, South Facing Garden and Terrace, Amazing Curb Appeal Close to All Transportation, Dramatic Staircase/Space for an Elevator!, 12" Wide Plank Oak Floors, Chef's Renovated KItchen, Huge Open Loft-Like Footprint, Reclaimed Brick Fireplace, and Super Flexible Layout.
________________________________________________________________________________
And here we go......... bet you'll have to look at each pic twice - this is truly spectacular !






OK - I WASN'T GOING TO TALK - BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF - THIS NEXT PHOTO?
OMG - HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT?
THAT BRICK REMINDS ME OF THE BRICK IN MY LAST PLACE :(
AND A SOLARIUM OFF THE BEDROOM?










OH.
MY.
GOD.
I SO wanna live there !
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone
But a lottery ticket
Hugs,
Me

Looking for inspiration?
Join me at these amazing parties !

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson                                   The Charm of Home
Too Much Time on my Hands                                       My Turn for Us
My Romantic Home                                                      I Should be Mopping the Floor
Uncommon Designs                                                      Distressed Donna Down Home
Between Naps on the Porch                                         Coastal Charm
Sand & Sisal                                                         A Stroll Thru Life
Stone Gable                                                                 Kathe with an E
Savvy Southern Style                                                   Too Much Time on my Hands



27 comments:

  1. Just give me that master suite, the atrium/sunroom and the patio and I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this featured recently in a blog post where they compared these listing photos to screen shots of it when it was featured in the movie Eat, Pray, Love. Gorgeous, but given the fact that I don't expect to earn $7million in MY LIFETIME, it's a no-go for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My!
    That solarium alone is worth the price!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow...I wanna live there too. The way it is decorated..to die for!!!! Oh, did someone above say $7 million. hahahahaha..guess I can't even afford to look in the window. Thanks for the look see. BEAUTIFUL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be part of the 1% now LOL
      Desperately !
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. P.S. I already have a lottery ticket for tonight....Husband would have to visit me in NY, if I should win, small town guy, would never move there. Oh well.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think he'd join you - are you kidding me? If that's not an incentive to change your way of thinking than nothing is LOL
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh Suzan, this is a beauty! I live in a bedroom community to a large city yet I am NOT a city person at heart. I think this beauty could change my mind. :::: running for my check book :::: lololol
    thanks for the peek a boo in side!
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could anyone move from this?! They will regret it, always. Pour me a glass, I'll be in the solarium..... Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy poo, that is bloody amazing!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely home, so many good decorating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that brick wall is gorgeous! And the solarium, I could live out there. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love how the floors mix bricks and wood, I love the skylight, I love the patio, I love... you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. danke für die schönen inspirationen!!! liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow and OMG the house is so beautiful! I love it and would love living there! LOVE, LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Wow. and Wow. You published a photo of that bedroom and solarium on FB this week. I commented how in love I was with the room at the first sight of the brick wall - which reminded me of our very first home in a brownstone apartment. The kicker is....are you ready???? We lived in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, lol! I used to pass by that carriage house droolinggggg...aching to get inside. Thank you so much for this posting. It truly is a small world...even when it comes to houses :) oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a coincidence, or what?
      I think I'd be happy to just live in the vicinity of that house LMHO!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  15. Fabulous house! I love the flooring, that gorgeous brick wall, the exposed beams, the dark wood...pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! My hubby and I are countryside kind of people. We've both said we couldn't live in London for example, but have loved New York when we've visited. This house, well.... I think we'd take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a city girl - through and through - but this is the best of both worlds - a " country" house in the heart of a city !!!
      Thanks so much !
      xoxo

      Delete
  17. Stunning. Um... no other words, just absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it kind of leaves you speechless, doesn't it?
      xoxxo

      Delete
  18. Wow -- what a house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could live there! Wonderful character and space.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonjour,

    Merci pour cette agréable visite...
    Gros bisous ☂

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo