Monday, June 30, 2014

Montreal Botanical Gardens

Suzan says - Why don't we go to the Botanical Gardens today?
John says - WHY?
Suzan says - Oh because it's magnificent - one of the largest in the world ( 190 acres ) and it's right here in our home town???
Suzan says - I haven't been in a very very long time
John says - I've never been
Suzan says - Well come - I'll show you some images

The Montreal Botanical Garden (FrenchJardin botanique de MontrĂ©al) is a large botanical garden in Montreal, Quebec, Canada comprising 75 hectares (190 acres) of thematic gardens and greenhouses. It was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 2008 as it is considered to be one of the most important botanical gardens in the world due to the extent of its collections and facilities.[3][4]  (SOURCE)


source



source


SOURCE
I've never seen the topiary gardens in particular - this was part of last years - what a sin, to live in this city and not have seen this!!!

source
source
source

montreal
source
source

source

source

John says - Beautiful - but now we've seen them......................
John says - There's supposed to be a thunderstorm today

I'm off to talk him into going - I feel like being a tourist in my city today
You all have a wonderful start to your week!
Hugs

Sharing with!
Between Naps on the Porch                         Coastal Charm               My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
A Stroll Thru Life                                         Stone Gable                   An Extraordinary Day
Kathe with an E                                           DIY by Design               From my Front Porch to Yours
Katherine's Corner                                      My Turn ( for us )           My Romantic Home
The Chicken Chick                                     My 1928 Charmer          Uncommon Design
I Should be Mopping the Floor                   A Stroll Thru Life

25 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible! Looks like a fairy tale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan! You must go! That place is gorgeous! Oh my gosh those topiaries! Take tons of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suzan that looks amazing and you need to go. How fun and whimsy is all of that. Hope you can talk John into going. I would be so much fun. Enjoy.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me want to pack and leave right now to go see it! That is hands down the most stunning topiaries I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! Especially the bird one with colour, we love the botanical gardens here we visit all three regularly but wow they need to look at yours for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what works of art. Simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How simply gorgeous!!!!! We don't have a botanical garden in our city, I've visited a few, my niece was married in one in Memphis TN, but I've never seen one as lovely as yours!!! If I lived close, I'd go with you!!!!!! Weekly, if you'd want!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Suzan! This makes me want to fly to Montreal today! This is the most amazing botanical garden I have ever seen. I do hope you tal John into going...:) If not, leave him behind and go anyway...lol! I can't wait to hear about it and see some more pictures!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an enchanted place to visit - please go, John, for those of us across the continent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing! I had no idea this existed in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are incredible!! Never seen anything like them. A definite must see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! I love that sheepdog one! I wonder what it was made of? You will need to post pictures of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! That place is gorgeous and I love those sculptures. So amazing. I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must post some pics if you go. How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Suzan, these are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I've never seen such enormous topiaries before, and they're so colorful! I think my favorite is the two horses running, but it's all lovely. That's quite an attraction to have in your own hometown. :)

    Thanks for sharing -- visiting from Inspire Me Tuesday. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzan....you are sooo blessed to have that garden in your own town. When we travel we always visit botanical gardens....it's one of our favorite things to do. I hope John chose to go. Thanks for the photo tease and sharing it with us at Project Inspire{d}! I'll look forward to photos from your actual trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply stunning. Will have to mark that down on my must-see list the next time I go to Montreal (easy enough since it's only 2 hours from Ottawa). My favourites? The tree and the chameleon - just wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so close Suzanne !!! My favorites are the horses :)
      XOXO

      Delete
  19. I actually have been to the Montreal Botanical Garden...visited family in Montreal about 10 years ago. It was awesome then, too! We also went sight-seeing and shopped in the old downtown Montreal district...SO pretty! We even took a horse-drawn carriage ride! Thanks for sharing photos of the amazing artistry!!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo