Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I WANNA live Wednesday # 79

Good morning everyone!

I thought we'd head on back to Westmount this week ( the neighborhood we just moved from actually )
I can't stay away from that architecture for very long it would seem

This one is just gorgeous -

Year built - 1895
3 beds - 1 bath - 1 half bath
Private parking for 2 cars
899,000 ( a steal for this neighborhood which I know from experience has a walking score of 92 !!! )
Agents - PATRICIA CHANG & DAVID DE SANTIS
:Listing says :
GREAT DEAL.Gracious living in this stunning restored 1895 stonefront townhouse in historic neighborhood steps Greene Ave & 2 metro.Easy walk downtown.High ceilings,gorgeous woodwork.LVR-gas FP.Designer chef's KIT w.island&gas stove,FR doors to garden,2 car parking& Stayner Park.MBR w/den. A/C. More than 332 500$ in renovations

Here we go - Step right up - Come on in ( if you'd like to take the grand tour ) 

It's a typical rowhouse type of house on the outside



But the magic happens when you step inside !
Do you need a moment to take in those windows?
( and not that this is part of the architecture but I LOVE that laurel wreath over the mantel )



Here, I'll show it to you from a different angle lol





This will probably be the last time you'll ever hear me say these words ( because we all know by now that I'm not a lover of wood ) I LOVE THE WOOD IN THIS HOME !!!







Rowhouses have narrow kitchens - but they did wonders with the space



Especially when those French doors lead to this lovely maintenance free garden



I don't think I've ever seen a stainless steel sink in a washroom before - but it works !











OMG - I'd just sit on the steps with a cup of tea, looking down for hours LOL





This is one section of the master bedroom



and this is the other



and another view of the master



another bedroom



and another one ( again I'm loving the windows ) 





City living at it's finest !!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone - I'm going to try to figure out to make one of those wreaths!



Much love,

Sharing with !
French Country Cottage                              My Turn for Us                        Kathe with an E

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I could happily live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a million dollars....If I had a million dollars...I would buy me that there house. That there house in Montreal......... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been crazy for row houses only because they're too long and too narrow BUT this one is an exception. Wow! You'd never know! I had to take a breathe when I saw the stove and kitchen. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back! That is a gorgeous place, Suzan. In our area that same place in the downtown area would be about 1/3 of the price. Isn't it amazing the differences in areas? Of course, that is a thriving metropolitan area-where this is just small city, USA! I like the wood in that house, too-it is very rich looking- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I could cozy up and live there no problem!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post! I`m re-decorating our Victorian home into a more modern home and found lots of great inspiration here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.... I am in full love. I love the layout with the stairs being set back in like that in between the livingroom and the diningroom. Very unique. Gorgeous place. Add the taxes in and it ain't cheap but it is a fabulous area to live...as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bathroom would look so good as a replacement for what we have here. Hubby likes yellow and our master bath is yellow (walls and ceiling). He loves it. I despise it. This one we would probably both love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stairway and hallway at the bottom best of all. I'd probably want you to cheer up some of that dark woodwork with your white and whitish paint, Suzan. All that dark tends to be a bit dreary. But don't touch that wonderful stairway or railing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous home. I wouldnt mind living in the city again if the house was like this. I love the dark wood panelling and trim! And what a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....that one is gorgeous!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great house! You would never suspect how fabulous it is from looking at the exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a stunner! Not much to look at on the outside, but I would love to sit on that patio sipping lemonade (with vodka, of course)!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo