Monday, February 24, 2014

Country bench

Good morning everyone

I picked this up some time ago - but with everything that's been going on in my world - reno's - disastrous discoveries etc - she just sat in the dining room patiently awaiting her makeover -
In order to escape a little of my reality I decided to get lost in a makeover - a quick one - but a makeover none the less

Seller's photo


and now

Painted Bench, shabby

I added a few " country " words - and that Hen towel?  Tina from What we Keep created and sent me
I can't use it - I simply can't - it's too pretty ( what IS wrong with me? )

stencilled country bench makeover

Hens and eggs - get it - got it ? Good !


I can't use these either - which Dani from Frugal ain't Cheap sent me -


I'm even too scared to leave them out on display in case John uses them LMHO -

And just as I was finishing up, look what arrived !!!!!!!!!!


and the new window is here too !!!

Oh my gosh - it's close now folks - it ohsoclose to being finished ( the kitchen that is - the rest of the place is still vomit inducing )

In the meantime my country bench is " fait accomplis "

And she's saying Merci ! ( she's a bilingual bench don't you know - she advertises in English but she speaks in French )

White shabby country bench makeover

Annie Sloan Pure White
A Sharpie
And stencilling.................voila !

Have a great day everyone
Hugs,


Partying here !
Coastal Charm                                  Stone Gable - the Scoop                     Knick of Time
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia       Not Just a Housewife                         Homework
Adorned from Above                        Savvy Southern Style                         Bloom Designs
Common Ground                             The Charm of Home                          French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique                         Chase the Star                                  Finding Fabulous
My Turn for Us                               My Romantic Home                           The Shabby Nest
Miss Mustard Seed                           Remodelaholic                                  I Heart Nap TIme
Funky Junk Interiors                        Be Different - Act Normal                  Classy Clutter
3 Mango Seeds                                The Chicken Chick                           CraftOManiac
Uncommon Design                          Glitter Glue & Paint

37 comments:

  1. I love the white bench with the egg saying!♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. White bench . . . black graphics . . . French theme . . . you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute, Suzan! You did a great job...nothing like a project to give you some distraction. I love the tea towels, and I keep a decorative/seasonal on the handle to the oven. It amazes me how many people grab that one to wipe things up when the old raggedy towel is right there! Ha!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your new floor! I saw those tiles in the Menards ad over the weekend and thought of you. :) Love your little bench. Makes me want to go out and buy some french hens. =D

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want!!! It is beautiful... simple and perfect. I can see it woo many places in my home. Note to self... show Mr this post and plead sweetly for a new bench.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chic country bench & am so happy that your tiles arrived. Once the horrible grey mess is covered up, you'll feel light as a feather. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely transformation, Suzan! My grandma had a bench (as in photo 1) and when I was a kid, I can't tell you how many times I tipped that thing over. Okay, so much for the walk down memory lane. Have a great day, Suzan.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great partner to the beautiful towels. I can never use pretty towels either. Love the bench and the "Fresh Eggs".

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great touch Suzan, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the makeover...and those napkins ad towels look so pretty as display ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bench makeover, Suzan. It's really sweet and the tea towels are perfect for displaying on it. Country Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bench makeover. It is awesome. The floor tiles look great I cannot wait to see those down. Wooo hoooo you are so close to having the kitchen done.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bench is "une beauté", but can't we see that window? I don't know where you get your teasing ideas from... I suddenly feel less guilty to have written a conversation of my own in a post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bench! I don't think I could use the towels either! So cute!
    Yay to the tiles and window being there! Keeping my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic job. Love the bench, especially the text. I am so glad you got the window and the tile. Can't wait to see them installed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your sweet makeover, Suzan. I have a similar bench that I need to paint, too. Trying to figure out what I would stencil on it. Did I tell you that I had miserable luck with that transfer gel? It would "take" partially and the rest would not be readable. Crazy stuff. I tried it three times, I think. Anyway, I am with you- I use a Sharpie and love how it turns out. Hope you have a great night and I can't WAIT to see your new floor. I think I said that before your LAST new kitchen floor, too. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bench is adorable and you are gonna LOVE that floor!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your 'country' bench! Looks great with the cute towels :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your little bilingual bench Suzan! (I can't use my hen towel either!!) Maybe in my new kitchen. Glad you got your tiles and I hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh....that bench........perfect! Your floor is gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I want it!
    It is so cute and would John say "Hillbilly" to this? :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I swear you are making me want to redecorate my entire house with pieces like that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Suze! Everything looks so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the bench I'm slowly chalk painting every piece in my house but the graphics how do you get them on? Do you use transfer paper? Can't wait to see the finished kitchen. Loving the new background too, you must be dreaming of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! You always amaze me at what you come up with...so creative and talented my friend. Love the linens too ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks fantastic now, and I love the eggs & ham.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The bench looks lovely in white and a cute idea for the graphics too. I would enjoy displaying those towels too and no way I would let my guys near them either lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The makeover looks fabulous, simple but effective, I love it!

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a terrific job you have done on the Country Bench. I myself enjoy repurposing items.

    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo