Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 56

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
________________________________________________________________________

Good morning all !!!

We're back in my part of town this week - Westmount 
New York has Brownstones - Montreal has Greystones
This is one on of tem
It's listed at  1,550.000
3 bed - 2 bath
Built in 1890 and filled to the brim with period charm
Realtor CHRISTINA MILLER















































The next one is listed at 1,099,000
AND HAS SUCH POTENTIAL TO BE THE PERFECT DREAM HOME 
3 beds - 2 bath - Garage
Wood lovers rejoice
( I'd paint all the wood WHITE ) 
Realtor GEORGE BARDAGI
















and check out the basement - now that could be out of this world !!!







 I wanted to show you the professional photos of ours today - but I can't extract them from the site for some reason - I'll talk to my realtor abut it though - because you'll see they're night and day from my feeble attempt at photography lol

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!!!
                                                                        Much love,


Sharing with!

31 comments:

  1. Pretty snappy homes - like the first one the best. The other one is nice but they should have staged it better, don't you think?
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 3rd one best, but its so dark, i'd paint the heck out of that place : P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second house. I think of myself as "the queen of everything" so I would like to live in a castle!! I wouldn't even mind the cherry cabinets in the kitchen. Thought I think you are right, I would spend a lot of money on Kilz and white paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What grand places! It would take me a few lifetimes to pay for either one...haha.... I like the first one the best! It has so much character. They certainly don't build homes like they used to. Too much cookie cutter style these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second one, that's amzing, I'd go with white for the wood too, wood just makes houses look dark! Well it does mine anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love the great houses of Westmount! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take house #1 thank you! Then I will need new furniture to style it according to my personal taste! I always enjoy this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even before I saw the interior, I knew I wanted to live in the first one! LOVE the exterior!!! Imagine parking the car and looking at that charming exterior every day as I walked up the steps to my new home. Interior's nice too...white...wood floors...It's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First one is much nicer in my eyes. But... I just don't see how people can afford houses like that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are gorgeous but I'm in love with the 1st one Suzan! Those moldings?! Like icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That granite countertop in the kitchen of the first house is probably my all-time favorite countertop EVER. No, I'm not getting it. :/ Thanks for rubbing it in.

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I bought #1, I would have a stiff neck from marveling at the beautiful ceilings all the time.

    The detail is amazing.

    I can't wait to see the pro pics of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the kitchen. The whole house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both homes are so gorgeous but the kitchen in the first one is AMAZING! Oh to dream......
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the houses. Love all the details in the first one. Beautiful.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the bottom one because it has a DUNGEON!!! A DUNGEON, PEOPLE!!! I NEED A DUNGEON!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was thinking the same as Kirby - who else would have a dungeon in the castle. I love it! It looks like something from a horror movie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When can I move into the first one? The only thing that would hold me back is no garden space - but then I wouldn't care cause the inside is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garden Schmarden LMHO .............I agree with you completely ( I'd make the deck a complete container garden though without a doubt )
      XOXO

      Delete
  19. I like the second's character and love that basement! The first is nice but I am not a fan of the crown molding and the modern backsplash, but those kitchen counter tops are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are both pretty. I really like the first one, but it is formal and fancier than what I'm use too. :) I

    can't wait to see what the professional photographer accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh yeah....that second one is for me...wood, brick, and stained glass? I'd be in heaven. lol
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, yes, I could live happily ever after in either of those!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would have to purchase both! I love the brown stone the best. I love the crown moulding but I would replace the backsplash in the kitchen. It fights with the marble. Since I have the money to purchase both, replacing the backsplash is no problem.
    The second one is awesome on the outside and I love the stained glass. Wish the annex on the right had been more in keeping with the original.
    Of course when I come out of escrow, I can take care of that!
    LMHO!! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  24. You find the most amazing properties, Suzan. I love all the moulding in that first one. Gorgeous home. That second one could be great all redone. The red carpet would be out the door before I put my first bag down. Hope your own house sells fast! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love them both but I am definitely with you on the white paint! Great post Suzan!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love the first one, especially all the wood work in it. But wouldn't you prefer finding a tiny house in Britain so you can watch Downtown Abbey as soon as it's out, without messing up your computer? (all because of a Blonde French girl)

    ReplyDelete
  27. my oh my! i don't need that much space, but i could pick and choose a few rooms from each that i love. what character! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. yes yes yes. all that warmth and then that showstopping white marble kitchen!

    thanks for sharing, and hope you'll pop over when you have a second!

    smiles.

    michele

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo