Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 55

I live in a pretty incredible area - in Montreal, It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by ) 
Because there are days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one or two homes that are for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
Keep in mind this is in the heart of the city - so the prices reflect that  - think Manhattan - where these places would cost 3 or 4 times what they're listed for here!
On occasion I'll showcase beautiful homes in other areas - countries - continents - the one thing most of them will have have in common will be their age - because I love old homes with stories to tell, join me won't you?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning everyone !!!

I found another charming home :)
This one is in the neighborhood of Pointe Claire ( here in Montreal ) 

689,000
3 bedroom - 2 bath
1925 Sq Ft
Built in 1937
Realtor  DEAKIN REALTY

I'm in LOVE  







































Now this next one is one that John and I drove down to see - it's also in Pointe Claire - 
279,800
2 bedrooms - 1 bath - 1 half bath
Realtor BETSY STAR DOLBER

This would need a little work to make it my own - new floors everywhere - and kitchen counters for a start - but the rest could be done without a lot of work.
Let me know what you think -  I'll show you what appeals to me most in the last photo !!!

























BASEMENT





Ok - now I'll show you the reason why I have to make an appointment to see this place !!!



It has a work shop - complete with electricity 
Look at the size of this!!!



I can fit a lot of furniture in there :)
and there's still a huge backyard even with it there !!!



We're making an appointment to see it on the weekend - I'll let you know how that goes !

Have a wonderful hump day everyone !!!
Hugs,

SUZAN


Sharing with !!!
Shabby Creek Cottage                                The Charm of Home                     Common Ground
French Country Cottage                                 My Romantic Home                        The Shabby Nest
Under the Table & Dreaming

27 comments:

  1. Oh how I love house hunting!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second house looks to be a steal! Great little workshop for you... exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one but the kitchen needs a lot of work to make it yours! I love the big rooms...it would be stunning one you changed the colors and decor! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having your own space is a must with all the work you do...and wherever you move will be SuzyQ'd in no time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First house is fabulous but with the price on the second house and the outbuilding, I know why you want to see it. It is dated but certainly not run down or nasty looking. The kitchen is older but still very large and workable. Great light. I can certainly understand why you want to go look. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzan- I am in a "connected zone" here for a few minutes while waiting for hubby I was hoping you'd show something you are interested today. I LOVE that 2nd house. You really could do a number on that one and dress it all up. I really like the kitchen and the way it flows. It is pretty open it seems which makes it seem even larger than it is. Ummmm..You CERTAINLY wouldn't do away with those ceiling fans, would you?;>)

    LOVE the workshop! And, I think that must be a pretty decent price for there? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to live in the first one too. Is there room for all of us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzan,
    Love the first one but the second one would be perfect for you. You would need to put your beautiful touches on it but that work room alone how fab is that. I could see you making this one into something special. I love house hunting with you. Too much fun.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne! You can only get this house if I don't get to it first! Oh my...the wood, the fireplace. Awesome!

    The second house's bathroom is a little scary? Not lovin' that so much. You need to get your realtor license, girl!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil - NOTHING scares me when it comes to a house lol - even when it should, it doesn't !!!
      Big hugs,
      Suzan

      Delete
  10. Yes, the first one is fabulous, but look at that price! The second house is a diamond in the rough, and I love those houses the most because they just need someone special to make them special. And that's you Suzan!! The outside is a little deceiving... it looks so much bigger inside than I expected. Love, love, love that workshop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I would totally smack my head if I tried to sleep in that bed that's beneath that slanted ceiling, so you might want to put me on the couch when I visit. :)

    I could totally see you slaving away in your sweet little sweatshop!!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you having fun? I would just love to go visit these homes. I can see the potential in the second and you certainly have the ideas to make it come to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzan. The first one is great, but with a little love and care the second house will be THE HOME. The little workshop is fantastic. Love it.

    Big hug from here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very charming homes indeed, I'm inlove with the first one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely love the first one for the floors and the wood...but the price??? Not so much! Now, the second one I think fits you to a T! AND a separate workshop. John won't be complaining about you painting on the dining table anymore! lol Although...I do see some additional work space in the basement? lol You can definitely put your 'Suzan stamp' on the second! I'm anxious to hear what you think after you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one's expensive I know - but I just LOVE it!!!
      But I think that 2nd one is so filled with potential - you know I've already made all the changes in my mind right?
      Before I've even been to see the inside LOL
      XOXO

      Delete
  16. Oh, man ! Love them both... and I really WOULD love to live there. It's so beautiful and green. We're down in hot dry Texas. With no basements. :-( I do think the workshop would be perfect for you. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first one is nice but has some decor issues that I'd have to fix and the second one also but, I can see the charm of it's smaller size and the great work shop in the back yard. Can't wait to hear what you think of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That second house is really nice. Yes, it does need some work, but it's in pretty good condition. And the yard is so big! That workshop alone makes it quite appealing! I can see myself in that spot whenever I need some time to myself (aka: when everyone drives me batty)...LOL...

    That first home is quite spectacular. It has so much character. They don't make 'em like they used to, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are great homes and I hope you may like one. Having a nice workspace for yourself is a HUGE plus!!! I hope the goes smoothly with the whole process you both DON'T need it to be stressful and aggravating. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and crossing your toes is not the most comfortable position so I hope it moves quickly, LOL!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, good luck a workshop how cool! Big place for only 2 bedrooms

    ReplyDelete
  21. My only advice is don't buy a shoe that pinches your toes! I would prefer the second because I like the cottage feel, but I would have to make sure there were places Chucks and I could hide from each other! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I say the second one is full of potential. I can already see all the changes you're going to make. And that workshop is like a dream coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck, hope you love it! Having your own workshop? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo