Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 8

I live in a pretty incredible area - It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by.)

Because there's days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one home that's for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1.599,000.00
After 8 weeks - my thinking is becoming warped - I'm starting to look at these houses and think wow - what a steal - at a million and a half LOL

But I definitely WANNA live here!



Step right up, come on in, if you'd like to take the grand tour.....................



Beautiful back windows - the whole length of the home - and love the transom over the back doors



What's that peakiing through the vines in the back?  Probably an outdoor garage - but what a great workshop right?



The one thing I miss the most from our last home is my beloved little garden - it literally hurts my heart to remember it - I love this little corner of their back yard!

Ok let's go on in



I like it - I love it - I want some more of it






I love how they've snuck an office in the background of the living room!







Don't you love the amount of windows in this home?  I adore this room....................





Unique back splash - looks like tufted tile - I like!



and just to show you that my eyes miss nothing - nothing I tell you - there's something about jackets hanging on a coat rack in a kitchen that I love..................and that rug?  perfection!
If I had a kitchen this size I'd be doing somersaults on that rug - I'd be dancing on the counter tops while my cakes were baking - I'd be playing tag from one end of the other just so I could touch each end of the wall and scream " SAFE"







Could someone straighten out that bottom picture please - it's driving me nuts



I can barely tell you how much I love this master bedroom - simple - clean - look at that adorable fireplace in the corner - the chaise lounge facing the sun - that little nook in the far right corner - I even love the roman blinds ( and you know how much I love radiators )
And I - Suzan - even love that wood dresser - yup - If I could live here, I would promise not to paint that piece!

And if I could have this en suite I would promise never to paint another piece of furniture as long as I lived ( but my fingers would be crossed behind my back ) 
This is probably the nicest bathroom out of the series ( to me anyways ) 



can you make out that Venetian mirror on the left hand side wall - wish they would have shown that!  



a little exposed brick in the nook - with a skylight overhead anyone?



Too cute - love the little shutter door under the nook



did I mention how much I love the next room - lol - sorry had to look at it again





Love the color of the walls - also love that there's no window treatment believe it or not



small basement bedroom?  can you ( just ) make out that rustic dresser on the left hand side of the photo?



basement rec room

Think I feel depressed now actually LOL - 
Going to clean all 1100 square feet of my place now - 
Oh did I mention that I really really really love this room




As soon as I saw this vanity - I thought wow - I'm going to take this



paint it black and put it in my bathroom - 
HA HA HA HA HA HA  - in my dreams - it's too big by 1 inch - 1 lousy stinking rotten miserable depressing INCH.
But guess what?
I want to paint it black.
Don't judge - it's a sickness that's completely out of my control at this point.
Just from looking at that one photo of a bathroom - I've decided I want to paint it black - keep the top white -and redo my bedroom - 
God help me..............................

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Big Hugs,
Suzan
XOX

Time to Party!

Adorned from Above
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
French Country Cottage
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.ca/2012/09/feathered-nest-friday_27.html
At the Picket Fence
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/09/inspiration-friday-no-84welcome.html
My Romantic Home
http://romantichome.blogspot.ca/2012/09/glamour-halloween-show-and-tell-friday.html
I should be mopping the floor
http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/09/mop-it-up-mondays-36.html
Homemaker on a dime
http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2012/09/creative-bloggers-party-hop-79.html
Coastal Charm
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.ca/2012/10/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no133.html
Kathe with an E
http://www.kathewithane.com/2012/10/youre-gonna-love-it-week-24.html
The Ivy Cottage Blog
http://theivycottageblog.blogspot.ca/2012/10/cowgirl-up-link-party-35.html
A Diamond in the Stuff
http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.ca/2012/10/time-to-shine-party-no-88.html
Uncommon
http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2012/10/uncommonly-yours-link-party-48.html#.UGup8pjLTj4
Savvy Southern Style
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2012/10/wow-us-wednesdays-86.html
DIY by Design
http://diybydesign.blogspot.ca/2012/10/fall-into-fall-its-party-85.html



20 comments:

  1. Now THIS one really speaks to me! I love the "Craftsman" feel to the exterior. The windows are fabulous. So much light! The master bath? Have mercy! That house has my name all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dining room with all the windows! I think I need to go rip out a wall now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love the idea of painting it black of coarse black is my crack so i might be nuts lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to your blog and therefore to your Dream On, Suzan Wednesdays!; ) (I'll have to go back and get caught up.) What a house! It doesn't look that big from the outside, but it sure looks huge inside!

    One thing I wasn't clear on, though, was which room was your favorite in the house. You were somewhat ambiguous... hahahahahaha!

    And, Missy, how can you even possibly be thinking about repainting The Dresser until your two weeks of Trying to Sell It are up? You just never know when someone will come along and say, "Only $4,000? Yes, I'd love to buy it!"

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does John have a say in this bedroom redo?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the wing chair in the dining room, too. Nice pics. Nice house. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! What a beautiful home. What I love most is the windows- so many and not your ordinary windows.

    I visited (and joined you) after you left a sweet message on my blog. I have to read older posts to know where the beautiful area is that you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol!!!
      Thanks for following - I live in Montreal ( Canada ) in a section of the city called Westmount - which is adjacent to downtown Montreal - it's a heritage community..............
      I LOVE the windows too- gorgeous!
      XOX

      Delete
  8. Hi Suzan!!

    Guess where I am? How bout Montreal!!!!!!

    I'm going CRAZY!!!!!! The homes here are gorgeous!!!!!! And my husband thought this trip would "cure" me of my longing for Montreal, but, it hasn't. It just intensified my love of Montreal!!!

    Love this home!! Just beautiful!!

    Have a great day!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHERE ARE YOU STAYING PAM???????????????
      Wish I could reply to you by email -
      XOX

      Delete
    2. Now I'm back home :( I really loved seeing Montreal again!! We were so busy that I haven't read your reply before now. We stayed at 3553 Rue de Bullion. How I loved seeing the brick and stone buildings/homes!! I would love to do this trip next year as well, but, we'll have to see.

      Pam
      XOX
      pamluvspink@Gmail.com

      Delete
  9. Awesome post Suzan, and like you, that bathroom is to die for. I love black and white, and am thinking of using those two colors for big pieces in my living room, with one or two accent colors.

    Also I would love a tub like the one shown above or another claw foot tub. In one of the houses where I have lived, there was one and it was so romantic by candlelight, with bubbles dancing in the water. It was extremely comfy, and most times I didn't want to get out.

    I am so glad that I read the comments on this piece. Seeing that you are a fellow Canadian I had to slip down and comment myself.

    Montreal is the most beautiful place I have been, with spectacular architect throughout the city. But holy *(*& you all are maniacs on the roads LOL. I thought Toronto was bad... they don't stand a chance against Montreal drivers. I believe I spent most of the time, while travelling around, with my eyes clamped shut and saying multiple prayers each trip. *laughs*

    But in all honesty, if you all ever get a chance to slip over to Montreal I know you will fall in love with its old charm as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzan!

    Your thumbnail on Feathered Nest Friday grabbed my attention as I am a house fanatic! I LOVE this house!! Especially cannot take my eyes off the kitchen - soooooooooo coooooooooozy! Also have a thing for houses on hills. Not mansions...although this sure qualifies at 1.5 CDN dollars!

    Went back and read some of your older posts and was LOL!! After a few paragraphs and spotting an "eh?" among the chatter btw you and John, I KNEW you had to be CANADIAN - as I am! I live on Crete, started a sometimes funny/sometimes decor based but always honest blog this past May and can relate!! Although my husband is only 4 years my senior, we definitely have a clash of cultures, even though I am Greek, as he is. But it's the Canadian in me he just doesn't get! Whaddayagonnado? Hope you'll visit. I'm also linked up to FNF. Have a great weekend.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great house. I want to live there too. Thanks so much for linking at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great weekend.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, it is a beauty thanks for sharing the open house

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, by far this is my favorite of any you've shown! There's something about the entry that spoke to me and then when I saw the rest...the knockout kitchen and yes, the bathroom too...I feel this was created for ME! There are just a few decorative items that I would change but not much else. I'm ready to move in! Oh, after moving twice in one year, I'm just walking away with Forrester and my coffee maker. Tell them I'll be there by the end of Oct, k? ;-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun stuff. I love the sun room overlooking that back patio. Also those steps going up the front. I'm with you on the jacket hanging in the kitchen. It's pretty sweet digs!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It looks so unassuming from the front, doesn't it? Who would guess it's got all that going on inside? Love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo