Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I WANNA live there Wednesday # 7

I live in a pretty incredible area - It's an historical neighbourhood loaded with tons and tons and tons of charm - and 20th century architecture, just steps away from the city center, it's also a pretty expensive neighbourhood ( in which I live in servants quarters basically compared to what I'm surrounded by.)

Because there's days I don't have furniture makeovers to show you - I've chosen Wednesdays to showcase and feature one home that's for sale around here.................( or apartment - or duplex - or teepee )
 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning everyone!

Ready to see what's up on the market this week?
Today's feature will cost you a cool 3,900,000.00
Let me know what you think!




Love how informal this foyer is - and love love love the floor and splash of color - so welcoming!
















sweet dreams are made of this - check out the pink en suite - lucky little girl!











the long and winding staircase











There's no picture of the grounds but this sits on a 20,000 sq. foot lot - so they must be pretty spectacular!

and today I'm including an apartment that's for sell - when John and I bought the place we're in now, there were 3 serious contenders - an apartment in this building was one of them



Is that a spectacular building?  Come on in - this lobby is straight out of the 1930's 



I wasn't doing furniture at the time - Can you just imagine me lugging in my decrepit old pieces through this space LOL - too funny



aren't the floors gorgeous?







Love the bay window






There's no balconies in this apartment building - but they do have a gorgeous roof deck that's shared 



The view isn't too shabby either!

And the value of each unit in this building has been going up 15% every year for the last 20 years - so a pretty sound investment in the end ............................ ( hmmm - isn't that what Bernie Madoff was promising? )
Looking at it again tonight maybe we should have grabbed it - 
This one is going for 435,000.00
2 years ago the one we wanted was the same price - with a 2nd bathroom - and an indoor parking spot ( which apparently we could have sold for 100,000 in a heart beat!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
See you tomorrow - with a sign I made and John's over the top ridiculous reaction to it

XOX
Suzan

18 comments:

  1. Love that apartment...the kitchen is lovely...I would want a parking spot if I lived in Westmount...I am always worried about where to part when I visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I like the apartment better than the house...except I would like that long, winding stairway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great house! I love all the colors they used...very stylish and interesting decor! The apartment is pretty great too; certainly looks much better than most of the apartments I've ever lived in! The kitchen is to die for. I love it!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with a comment above. For some reason, I like the apartment better. Not that the house was bad 'cause the kitchen is magnificent and I think you could do laps in the tub in the master! Maybe it was all the color. Call me crazy but I honestly prefer neutral walls and then bring the color in with the furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great place the kitchen is terrific too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, not even in my dream budget lol.

    Jan @Door251

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE looking at houses for sale. I often go to open houses in my own neighborhood...just to be nosy and look at what's out there. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous homes! I love the white kitchens and the nostalgia of the 1930s apartment building... how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to think of myself gliding down that elegant staircase! More likely, I'd just have a longer fall than I do now when I trip. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to live in the first one. Beautiful rooms. Love the front of the outside. Just beautiful.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The exterior of that house is just amazing! Wow! The apartment is beautiful, too. Love that bed in the bay window!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much space! Space is exactly what I am dreaming about for my family crammed into a tiny little Hong Kong apartment.
    I agree with Jennifer, that bed in the window is dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both dwellings are wonderful, but for some reason I like the apartment better, but I LOVE both kitchens. I think it's the different color in every room in the first house that is throwing me off. The apartment flows nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I would love to live there. They sure don`t build like this anymore. Thanks for the tour.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW those place are amazing. always so fun to take a peek into homes on the market. what a great post

    have a wonderful weekend
    kate
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oohhh I love a good house tour! Hmmm gorgeous yes, but for 3.9 mil they can keep it. The apartment is really charming for the money! I'd go for that one and hope the apartment next door would come up for sale so I could join em up *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. The homes are nice, the prices are not. I'd love to have more space and there are some really gorgeous rooms shown. I kinda couldn't take the green room though...especially if I were sick. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found lots of interesting information here. The post was professionally written and I feel like the author has extensive knowledge in this subject.
    Nautical Condominiums

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo