Monday, July 23, 2012

The Chapel of Love

My daughter is in the midst of planning her wedding for next June - ( which means I'm in the midst of trying to take over completely ) And after agonizing over halls - her fiance's parent's have graciously suggested they
have an outdoor wedding up north at their country place.
My daughters tastes are simple ( if not bizarre ) she is not into glitz and bling like her Mom - so the idea of a fancy schmancy hall filled her with dread - and the price of those halls actually filled me with dread - we are talking 30,000.00 to 45,000.00 dollars for 1 day - ludicrous? YEAH - I would say so........................
Anyway she asked if I would like to come up to the country place for the day to see if I had any " visions "
on what could be done.
" Don't get your hopes up Mom - it's a very simple country place - not very big at all "
So off I went with very little expectations -

BUT YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME honey - Oh what I can do with this setting -

Here are some photos -


She had me at the stairs lol - these go down to the property.
"Red carpet Lindsay - perfection - toille fabric draping the banister - fairy lights scattered here and there".
"No red carpet Mom - sorry but NO - it's tacky "
" Ok - a black carpet - and we'll do all the theme black and white and silver"


This is the first level in the back yard - beyond the hedges to the right - is the next level


and below the second level is a volley ball court - which we will be converting into a dance floor -
planks of wood will be temporarily installed for the occasion.......................can you see the fairy lights
everywhere - can you see the boat house all decorated?

There's a large deck off the house - this is where the main table will be - then there will be 2 eating area levels - and the dance floor - the invitation list is up to 250 people - so we have to arrange very carefully.
But the wedding costs will be cut in half by having it here.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MR and MRS!!!

A couple of more vignettes


does anyone else see the potential of making this the perfect spot for " I DO " ?
Gauzy white fabric - flowers and vines intertwined?  !000 lovebirds being released lol






Don't get my hopes up Lindsay? They're high in the sky apple pie hopes honey. They are
a stager's dream come true.  This is just about as perfect a setting as I can imagine.
You couldn't get a more perfect setting - I absolutely positively cannot wait to start decorating :)
I promise you - this is going to be spectacular.....................hanging baskets of white
flowers everywhere.

We'll have white tents - and fairy lights - and flowers - and white gauze blowing gently -
and .........................OK Mom - you're getting carried away again.


Then we went out on the boat -

The bride to be - my precious Tom Boy!!!!
God you're beautiful Lindsay - 
and her equally precious gorgeous twin sister


I feel guilty posting these because my son wasn't there and he should be in this post!!!
My kids are really close -


How I love my kids smiles........................


Ok then they decided to go dirt bike riding - and ATV riding - this is them taking off


Ashley is in black - sorry for blurry photo but I wanted to point out that there wasn't a mark on her body when they took off.  " Girls, do me a favor and just ride the ATV ok? Do not get on the dirt bike!!! "
" Ok Mom - we're not 10 years old - you can't say that anymore "
" But you're both so accident prone, PLEASE!!! "
"Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom - you would not say that to Gordie "
And if you think there's ever an age when you can finally stop worrying about your kids -
Take a look at how she came back








and her sister quickly administered 1st aid - because her mother almosts faints when she sees things like this

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER GIRLS.
NEVER.
EVER.
NEVER.

XXX

P.S. another part of our conversation - remember she's my Tom Boy

Mom - what do you think of Tony and I driving off at the end of the evening in the boat, with tin cans and just married signs
Oh I love that idea Lindsay - that's adorable -
And then I was thinking I could throw Tony off the boat into the water..........................


Party Time!!!
Our Delightful Home
http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.ca/2012/07/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-24.html
Debbie Does Creations
http://debbiedoescreations.com/2012/07/23/toot-your-horn-tuesday-link-party/
PJH Designs
http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.ca/2012/07/totally-transformed-tuesday-2-features.html
Coastal Charm
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.ca/2012/07/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no123-and-giveaway.html
Making the world cuter
http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2012/07/making-the-world-cuter/
Kathe with an E
http://www.kathewithane.com/2012/07/youre-gonna-love-it-week-14.html
Kammy's Korner
http://www.kammyskorner.com/2012/07/trash-2-treasure-tuesday_23.html
Bunny Jean's Decor
http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.ca/2012/07/wednesdays-bunny-hop-party-49-head-for.html
DIY by Design
http://diybydesign.blogspot.ca/2012/07/sizzle-into-summer-its-party-75.html
In the old road
http://intheoldroad.blogspot.ca/2012/07/all-star-block-party-8.html
The life of Jennifer Dawn
http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-3.html
Ivy and Elephants
http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.ca/2012/07/whats-it-wednesday-35.html
Adorned from above
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.ca/2012/07/creative-inspirations-linky-party-24.html
Katherine's Korner
http://katherinescorner.com/2012/07/26/thursday-favorite-things-blog-hop-linky-party-46/
At the Picket Fence
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/07/its-inspiration-friday-no-75-welcome.html
Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.ca/2012/07/home-sweet-home-77.html
2 8 0 5
http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.ca/2012/07/potpourri-friday-34.html
French Country Cottage
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.ca/2012/07/feathered-nest-friday_26.html
Bella Nest
http://bellanest.blogspot.ca/2012/07/its-so-hard-to-say-good-bye-to-hot-fun.html






34 comments:

  1. Simple country house??? That place is to.die.for. And I can't believe how expensive a hall in your area would be. Yikes. Around here they are 4-500 for the afternoon/evening. We got married on our property - it was wonderful. I'm so excited to see everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, that would probably be all inclusive with meals and bar, etc. Still expensive.

      Suzan, this place is ideal and idyllic!!! Love!

      Delete
    2. thanks Nicole - and btw - it did not include the disc jockey!!!
      but I told Paula that it was an 8 course meal - Tony is Italian - it also included a midnight " sweet " table -
      but there's also a wedding dress - the " gift " table etc
      easily would have been 40,000.00 - it's surreal!!!

      Delete
  2. Love it! It's going to be beautiful : o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzan, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THis post was a treat for me, at 7am!!!
    I am still laughing at her saying she could throw Tony in the water... HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!! And NO, we can never stop worrying about our kids!!!! My God, it broke my heart to her all bruised!!!
    Regarding the Wedding, YES, I could see everything!!!! I imagined a white carpet??? with the fairy lights on those stairs! BEAUTIFUL setting!!! You girls are gorgeous!!!
    I was working on my "Tell me about yourself award". I will leave it saved and post it when I am in London. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to marry into that family, just to hang out at the house. It is a gorgeous setting for a wedding. I could see everything you were describing and more.I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Your girls are so cute, why do they not listen their mothers. We are always always right, Why are we always right you ask? because we have done all the crazy silly things you want to do and we know how it will turn out thats why lol
    London??? your going to London, how cool is that, hope to hear about that soon too.
    hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such Gorgeous Kids! I Love your sense of humor AND your blog! Im your newest follower and am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shoot I messed up my comment. Meant to say that the place is so full of promise, even someone as artistically-challenged as me could succeed. But your daughter's right about the red carpet. Black, silver and white sound fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - the red carpet was meant figuratively - not literally -
      but yes this place is overflowing with promise!
      Thanks so much for dropping by Lady Jennie!
      :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the visit! Good luck with the planning. It looks very promising. I am helping my niece with her wedding planning at a vineyard. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gonna be a gorgeous wedding. Newest follower. Thanks for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...like a movie scene wedding venue. You will have it fabulous and memorable...I can picture it already. What a fantastic wedding it will be. Have fun with it!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wedding venue is beautiful. What a lovely spot for the event.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful setting. I've got my fingers crossed for perfect weather. Your girls are beautiful even with scraps and bruises. Thanks for linking up at Totally Transformed Tuesday. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous setting. Hope you will post some pics of the big day! Thank you for following me at michmashed. Linked up to you too! By the way, I'm a MTL'r too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely location.


    PS: Thank you for linking up to Show Me What You Got Tuesday's @ ODH via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/07/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-24.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You MUST do 1000 lovebirds and tin cans!! Too funny! And you're right - you NEVER are too old. I hope you gave her a good old fashioned "I told you so!" You are going to make that place AMAZING, I just know it!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I can see your vision and it is so romantic and beautiful!

    Visiting from the Bunny Hop.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous spot for a wedding. I can see so many great things for an outdoor wedding. Can't wait for you to take us along on this journey. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's going to be gorgeous no matter which way you go - glitz and glamour or rustic (which is what I think will happen).
    Thanks for sharing this at the All Star Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzan!

    That will be a fairy tale setting after you get through with it! Fit for a Princess and her Prince Charming.

    Thanks for sharing at my party this week :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful spot for a wedding,sounds like it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe....the memories I have of wedding planning for my girls! Have fun! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. That will be a perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on the upcoming wedding and yes i see it will be amazing simply amazing cant wait
    the place is awesome you will make it amazinggggg

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, Mom, it's NOT your wedding! First thing, let her decide on the colors, etc. and bite your tongue, ok? :) Seriously, I know your decorating skills would have a true dreamland out there but she and her fiance must approve,k?

    Congratulations to all! Your daughters are truly gorgeous...like you didn't know that, right? Can't believe how injured a little outing was for Ashley. Looks like it hurts really bad ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can see why you are so excited. What a beautiful and unique wedding inspiration you have. Beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely setting for a wedding. Whatever you do with it, it will be lovely. Great looking kids too.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous setting for a wedding! You are going to have a lot of work ahead of you! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, it's going to be SO lovely!! Someone got some serious road rash! YOWCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful setting for a wedding! My oldest son is getting married by a lake this fall. I can't wait to see the dcor. His fiancée is a simple girl too. I envision burlap and gauze :-) Thanks for linking up at the party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's going to be gorgeous I'm sure! I've done 3 weddings for my girls and I exhausted my self completely...but they DID look good!! Pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for linking with last week's Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. I love this. It will be a great place for a wedding.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo