Friday, May 4, 2012

Covered in paint

I am happily covered in paint tonight - pink - black - offwhite - you name it, on my clothes, my hands, possibly even my hair - my hairdresser sometimes can tell what colors I've been working on...............

Almost finished this one


except for that one drawer - which is now in the process of being glued and clamped - will show the
before and after when it's completely finished...............but it's soooo pretty.

and I am now working on this one

another subway dresser -

and am picking this one up on Sunday

this is also supposed to be a subway dresser - but I have to tell you - this is the first time in my life that I feel slightly sick about painting something - the tiger stripe veneer on this art deco is fabulous, isn't it?
I'm really really torn with this one - it may have to sit on hold for awhile.
I am a fanatical recycler - if I spot something in the garbage that John has thrown out that should be recycled I promptly remove it from the garbage - wash it - and put in the recycling bin - grumbling the whole time mind you - but I do it, every time - because recycling matters.
And that is why I have such a passion for the furniture that I give a second life to.
But it seems a sin to try to give a second life to something that is still so beautiful ( and apparently in impeccable condition ) am I destroying a part of North American furniture heritage?
My God - my whole like is consumed with guilt - I am always feeling guilty about something - please don't tell me it's going to start now with furniture too?

Will keep you posted on this one!

XXX




3 comments:

  1. If the dresser is in really good condition you could just put some danish oil on it. It would be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blogger just ruined a beautiful art deco dresser.
    Think again on this one. If you don't like it unpainted someone else will find their treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's in good shape I wouldn't touch it, it's absolutely beautiful. A friend gave me a waterfall dresser that was painted lime green - it even had its original hardware. I stripped it and oiled it with tung oil and it turned out beautiful. And it's nowhere near as beautiful as this one.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo