Friday, February 17, 2012

Meet Gigi

Here she is..............finally done.



be ready for a ton of pics - I can't help it I am so proud of this one.............absolutely will not sell it.
( I'm telling you in 10 years I will be on a Hoarders episode, crying and telling my story )





before


after ( again )




I am not even going to apologize to wood lovers on this one!!!!!!!! ( although I did love
it in wood when we first picked it up - looking at the before I am extremely happy I went
with painting it )
Paid 50.00 dollars for this beauty ( and the owner apologized for it's condition )
I already had the handles - 4 glass ones - and the silver handles were spray painted - they
were originally yellow
I used a homemade version of chalk paint for this - 1 part Plaster of Paris - 2 parts white paint.
One coat of the mixture - and then 1 quick dry brushing of an even more watered down version
of the same chalk paint.
2 coats of Polyurethane ( water based ) satin finish.

btw - in my humble opinion the home made chalk paint is ok - but only ok.
I will be picking up ASCP this weekend - because there is no comparison at all.
In this case it worked because I was looking for a washed out sort of patina -
take note there is sanding involved when using the homemade version!

This piece was effortless - really - no cursing - no sweating - no second guessing
A dream to work on!

Happy friday all
xxx

Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed and Feathered Nest Friday

4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely piece of furniture. I gotta get me some of that Annie Sloan paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do this on a piece that I found at the local Goodwill, but I'm nervous about the amount of prep/sanding needed. Thanks for posting the inspiration. I'm your newest follower! Thanks, CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a keeper! I'm your newest follower, would love a return follow. I would love if you linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-2.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nice curves on this piece - nice job on the finishing too. I've started keeping a few of my pieces too....see you on Hoarders. lol

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo