Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back from the dead, barely

I am walking slowly - very slowly - picture that old man on the Carole Burnett show - my eyes are still sore - but my muscles do not ache today -
Whatever virus I caught completely wiped me out - flat out on my back - ( lost 7 pounds since last Friday, seriously? I have been trying to lose 10 pounds for a year now - if I had know this was all it would take..........)

My house is a disaster - I've been living in absolute fear that the doorbell will ring - and I will be found out.
I always feel like such a fraud - because I put such emphasis on everything looking as good as it can that
people tend to think I never let anything get out of control -
There was a time - oh God I am so embarrassed to admit this - when I simply would not answer the door
if there was any kind of a mess inside.  Would love to sit with a shrink for a year or two ( decade or two? ) and find out what makes me who I am.  I am getting better, baby steps for sure, but better - and to prove it here is what my bedroom looks like after the 5th day of being sick


and as I am uploading the photos my stomach is in knots - don't do it Suzan, don't do it Suzan,
too late,
She did it.

And here is a sneak preview of a dresser redo, talking about patina Stacy, here's one for you!


take care all -
xxx

2 comments:

  1. A little mess is good for the soul m'dear. Go with it. Plus, you have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're on the mend. Sounds to me like it was a good ole case of the flu, all that achiness and stuff. The flue can be really nasty.

    I don't like my house looking messy, but if it is and I have unexpected visitors, I figure if they come to see my mess and not me, then who needs friends like that!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo