Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Staging my Mom's duplex for sale

My mother is selling her duplex - and the downstairs needs a lot of loving ( she lives upstairs ) I used to live there so I feel somewhat of an attachment to it - but my brother lived there with his kids for the last 8 years
and lets just say  that he did not inherit the obsessions I seem to have.
But it gives me an outlet and gets my creative juices flowing just thinking of getting in there and working some magic.
It also gives me a space to store some of the furniture that is overflowing in my house!
I will post before and after pics as I do each room -

In the meantime here is another pic of a before and after project


Salvation Army purchase - 15.00 - before


and after - handles were 3 dollars each - paint was 12.99 - so total cost for this
pretty turquoise bureau was roughly 30.00 ( I always have primer on hand so
did not have to buy that )
not too shabby?

I am loving the heat by the way - but it ain't fun painting in it - lol

xxx






1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I really loved this post and all the photos are just beautiful and telling more about the house..Its quite beautiful and attractive...Thank you too much.......
    duplex for sale brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo